Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Troy @hobbes after some googling I found what I believe is a official French source for registration data. Seems to be a car manufacturers' alliance related to PSA and Renault, they publish tons of statistics each month for France and Europe as well. In fact they have statistics dedicated to EVs. This does not help us with France/September just yet, as their last file is about August, but I can confirm Tesla is listed and they show 740 cars YTD as of 8.31 which matches our data.

Could be useful in the future if the avere-france site goes MIA again or publishes bar charts without numbers as they sometimes do. Here is the link. Maybe the wiki instructions should be update for France as well.

Will check early next week again for French September data.

Yes, this could be useful as a backup source when the Avere website doesn't publish any numbers for some of the months. It's a shame this site has only the Tesla numbers instead of Model S & X. Otherwise it could be the main source.

Reactions: mrdoubleb
Added in Spain and also added the actuals for Q3 UK - please validate so the numbers refresh for the UK. Note on the latter: the government file showed 2 Tesla "unknown" models, so I added 1 extra to the S and X totals each before using Troy's table to appropriate the months.

BTW, once again it seems like we are overestimating by about 10% when we do our guesstimates using the SMMT numbers each month. This time the quarterly total went down from 1050 to 942.

Reactions: Troy
Thanks Troy. Appreciate your work!
Hear, hear! On that note, I think collecting this data will be more important and more exciting starting February than ever. I can't wait to see Model 3 numbers start to trickle in and see how it does in Europe.

I know some are skeptical, but I if it does similarly as it did in the US, expect European media and consumer awareness to have their "a-ha moment". Right now it can't compete with the entry level BMW, Audi and Mercedes mid-range on price, but if it still does well and racks up low 5 digit sales per month at the competition's home turf, well, it will be hard to put lipstick on that pig. I mean like RIP e-Golf and i3.

Reactions: Troy
@hobbes Spain December 2018 added and with that the year is complete. If someone can validate that number, we are done for 2018!

Sorry, was offline for a bit - notebook broke on Christmas, then I was on a skiing vacation. Posting from phone is no fun...

Now I am back awaiting my Model 3 in the beginning of March! Can´t believe I actually ordered. Exciting times, not only for our data collection ;).

Thanks @Troy for setting up all this google doc magic! And to everyone else who has been helping with submissions and validation. We´ve come a long way since the early times when @mostapasta started posting his collection :) : EU Market Situation and Outlook

Reactions: Troy and mrdoubleb
Hi everybody. If you know where to find 2018 Tesla registrations for the following countries, let me know. We were using www.eafo.eu but that website is too messed up now.
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Turkey
By the way, the data source can't be estimates published on ev-sales.blogspot.com. See the details here. 2018 numbers for other European countries can be found here. Thanks.

Norway, January 2019 data is my estimate, but it should be very accurate.
The official government database shows 186 Teslas registered, however, unfortunately only the Model X made it into the Top 20, so the count for Model S vs Model 3 within the remaining 36 is not clear
Teslastats.no shows 19 Model S and 17 Model 3 registered in 2019 though (not in the bar chart, but in the tables above), which is exactly 36. Note, that this site does show 5 more Model X than the official government database.

Fun tidbit. Tesla is finally included in the monthly brand registrations list in Switzerland. Here is the January file showing 38 registrations. In previous years it was part of "other".
We are still better off waiting a few days though, until the detailed model chart is out so we know the breakdown of that 38 number among S/X/3.

Hi everybody. If you know where to find 2018 Tesla registrations for the following countries, let me know. We were using www.eafo.eu but that website is too messed up now.
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Turkey
By the way, the data source can't be estimates published on ev-sales.blogspot.com. See the details here. 2018 numbers for other European countries can be found here. Thanks.

• Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Turkey

Troy, since this year, the ACAP (Automobile Association of Portugal: Estatísticas), is including official Tesla cars sales numbers in its monthly statistics. Sadly, you have to be a subscriber to access it.
However, economic news papers and automobile sites has unveiled these statistics for January, with a total of 15 new Tesla cars sold in Portugal, without saying the distribution between Model S and Model X sales: Vendas da Tesla em Portugal finalmente reveladas - Turbo.