Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until we have the official UK numbers for Q1 (expected in mid-July):

Estimate for UK Jan 2019:
SMMT Other Imports for Jan is 207 units. Last year in Jan, non-Tesla portion of Other Imports was 64 units. Assuming the non-Tesla portion stays the same, the Tesla portion this Jan would be 207-64=143 units. Out of those 143, I estimate 81 are Model S and 62 Model X.

Estimate for UK Feb 2019:
SMMT Other Imports for Feb is 139 units. Last year in Feb, non-Tesla portion of Other Imports was 60 units. Assuming the non-Tesla portion stays the same, the Tesla portion this Feb would be 139-60=79 units. Out of those 79, I estimate 45 are Model S and 34 Model X.

@mrdoubleb, it looks like you have discovered a way to get to numbers by model on the Austrian website. Can you explain how I can find the link if I start on the homepage? I want to update the instructions.

Ireland doesn't need any adjustment because the website already publishes S/X/3 numbers separately. I have now submitted those.
Great! I didn't dig into Ireland data, just assumed it must be incorrect due to no RHD production. Glad we have detailed data.

As for Austria, a Twitter user posted the detailed data today so I asked him how he got it. Turns out, on the main site right under the preliminary results (Vorläufige Ergebnisse) where they have the yearly data, the very first file has model level break-downs for the Top 10 cars. Lucky for us it has a separate section for EVs and the Model 3 and the S were both Top 10 - so whatever remained form the total was Model X.
upload_2019-3-11_23-44-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-11_23-44-12.png
    upload_2019-3-11_23-44-12.png
    700.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Informative
Reactions: scottf200 and Troy
@Troy @hobbes
On a separate note, I've tried to find some model level Spanish data. The official statistics is published mid-month, but only has brand totals. I've found 2 sources with more granularity, appear to be car magazines / sites and their data matches each-other.

The first one only shows the Top 15, so the S and the X are out of the list. However the second site shows it all so we now know that for February they have registered 200 (!) Model 3s, 7 Model S and 5 Model X.

Should we use this going forward? Here is the link to the sales data section of the site, this is where they publish the monthly data. Actually they publish a lot of data from all over the world. The only problem is, that the articles appear to be quite random. For instance i found all three Tesla models in the February file quite easily, in fact even their general February sales news article listed all Tesla models. However for January I had to dig around. Their monthly article only showed 15 total for Tesla - whereas the official stats show 35. Maybe they'll start running the monthly EV stats from now on like they did for February.

I have entered February - feel free to validate it if you agree - and will check back once the official numbers are out if the totals add up to 212.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy
@hobbes, you can pick 1 of 3 options for how the links and S/X/3 split should work for Belgium and Spain. Both of these are in the same situation. The official website has the Tesla number but there is a blog that shows the S/X/3 split.

I was able to create an option where the Tesla number links to the official site but the S/X/3 numbers link to the blog if that's what you prefer. This is shown as "Option 1", here.

Option 2 looks exactly as Option 1 but the Tesla number links to the blog too.

Option 3 is what we have been using. In this option, the S/X/3 numbers are shown in orange and there is no link. The S/X/3 split is calculated automatically by the sheet.

On the sheet, I created a temporary tab called "Options". The numbers are actually close. For Belgium in February, S/X/3 is 26/14/197 according to a blog and 23/16/198 according to our automated calculation.

I don't have any preference. Which option do you prefer?

@hobbes, you can pick 1 of 3 options for how the links and S/X/3 split should work for Belgium and Spain. Both of these are in the same situation. The official website has the Tesla number but there is a blog that shows the S/X/3 split.

I was able to create an option where the Tesla number links to the official site but the S/X/3 numbers link to the blog if that's what you prefer. This is shown as "Option 1", here.

Option 2 looks exactly as Option 1 but the Tesla number links to the blog too.

Option 3 is what we have been using. In this option, the S/X/3 numbers are shown in orange and there is no link. The S/X/3 split is calculated automatically by the sheet.

On the sheet, I created a temporary tab called "Options". The numbers are actually close. For Belgium in February, S/X/3 is 26/14/197 according to a blog and 23/16/198 according to our automated calculation.

I don't have any preference. Which option do you prefer?

Sorry for the delay - I think I´d prefer Option 1. Even better would be calculating the split according to the numbers in the blog put normalizing it such that the sum is the number from the official site ;). If that´s not too complicated. Thanks for the good work!!

Option 1 has the small inconsistence that the sum wouldn´t match the official number, while my idea would lead to the individual numbers not fitting the blogs.

@hobbes @Troy We have a link to what appears to be near real time data to Dutch, Norwegian and Spanish registrations courtesy of @avoigt

EV registration statistics for The Netherlands

May prove useful if one of our other sources goes down.
The information from this link seems to be correct for at least Norway, but it is probably delayed by a few days.
teslastats.no is a super good real time source for Norway registration info, updated every few hours per day, literally real time info.

Anyone has noticed that Norway Model 3 delivery this month has been absolutely insane??

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200 and Troy
Anyone has noticed that Norway Model 3 delivery this month has been absolutely insane??

Yes. Previous record first time registrations of one car model in one month in Norway is one year old, and was about 2.200 Nissan Leaf in March 2018. Now Tesla seems to have first time registered 5.305 cars this March! More then double the previous record!

Now we are waiting to see if Tesla can do something with the record first time registrations of one car model in one year. The old is ~16 - 17.000 registrations of VW Beetle (or "Bubble" as we call it) from 1969.
I do not think Tesla will register so much in all the other Q's as in this (over 6K!) but I think it will be close - or maybe even better? - when the SR(+) comes in Q3 or Q4...

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
  • Informative
Reactions: ggnykk and EinSV
Yes. Previous record first time registrations of one car model in one month in Norway is one year old, and was about 2.200 Nissan Leaf in March 2018. Now Tesla seems to have first time registered 5.305 cars this March! More then double the previous record!

Now we are waiting to see if Tesla can do something with the record first time registrations of one car model in one year. The old is ~16 - 17.000 registrations of VW Beetle (or "Bubble" as we call it) from 1969.
I do not think Tesla will register so much in all the other Q's as in this (over 6K!) but I think it will be close - or maybe even better? - when the SR(+) comes in Q3 or Q4...
Great insight! So the record for one year is only 17000 VW Beetle? Looks like model 3 will beat it this year.

And here is the official numbers for March:
Registreringsstatistikk – Opplysningsrådet for veitrafikken

5315 Model 3.
314 Model X.
166 Model S (not in the list, but a total of 5822 for Tesla - (5315 + 314) = 166.)

Some stats: Bilsalget i mars 2019 – Opplysningsrådet for veitrafikken
Diesel: 10,4%
Gasoline: 12,3%
Hybrid (with or without a plug): 18,9%
Zero emission: 58,4% (10 732) - This includes 4 hydrogen cars, the rest is BEV.
This gives Model 3 ~50% of new registered zero emissions cars in Norway in March...

All this is first time registered cars in March. Used imported zero emission cars registrations was 632 in the same period.

And here is the official numbers for March:
Registreringsstatistikk – Opplysningsrådet for veitrafikken

5315 Model 3.
314 Model X.
166 Model S (not in the list, but a total of 5822 for Tesla - (5315 + 314) = 166.)

Some stats: Bilsalget i mars 2019 – Opplysningsrådet for veitrafikken
Diesel: 10,4%
Gasoline: 12,3%
Hybrid (with or without a plug): 18,9%
Zero emission: 58,4% (10 732) - This includes 4 hydrogen cars, the rest is BEV.
This gives Model 3 ~50% of new registered zero emissions cars in Norway in March...

All this is first time registered cars in March. Used imported zero emission cars registrations was 632 in the same period.
i noticed that Model S and Model X sales have slowed down a LOT in Norway compare to the last few quarters. Any idea why other than Model 3 arriving in Norway?

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
We are waiting for Q1 numbers for the Czech Republic before rearranging the top 13 countries. There was a discussion about this after February numbers but no change was made because it would be better to look at March numbers as well.

Q1 2019 Tesla registrations:

These are on the list but some of them might be removed soon:
Italy 383
Finland 209
Ireland 22

These are not on the list but some of them might be added soon:
Portugal, 479
Denmark 413
Luxembourg 76
Czech Republic, ??

Last edited:
Other numbers in Sweden from the government agency Transportstyrelsen. This probably includes last weekend push which might have been missing from first available numbers. These are not numbers used by Swedish media but should be a more exact source.
Swedish Q1 totals from Transportstyrelsen:

Model 3 1149
Model S 174
Model X 53

These are numbers of vehicles that were registered during Q1.

Following are the details per month:

January - total 40
Model S 31
Model X 9

February - total 72
Model 3 8
Model S 57
Model X 7

Mars - total 1264
Model 3 1141
Model S 86
Model X 37