Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jussi83, thanks. We were using this source 2019 - Autoalan Tiedotuskeskus but I like your source better because it shows registrations by Model S/X/3 instead of just the Tesla number. It shows 306 Tesla registrations so far in 2019 at the end of April.

WjuZHIW.png

The lowest countries we have on our table here are as follows:

Portugal 597
Italy 592
Denmark 583

If Finland beats one of these countries at the end of 2019, then we will start collecting monthly data for Finland in 2020. Does this mean 2019 numbers will be ignored? No, it just means instead of monthly, we collect yearly data for low volume countries. I will check Finland at the end of this year. Until then, we will use an estimate for all countries that are not included. The table has a row called "Other Countries" for this. Thanks for the source. I have taken notes and will use this in early January 2020.

Regarding Spain numbers for May - @Marselkonomi submitted an estimate based on the Model 3 number of 122 from ANFAC - Asociación Española de Fabricantes de Automóviles y Camiones and using an educated guess for S and X. However, I found a Tesla total of 152 here: Ventas mayo 2019, España: Los diésel siguen en caída libre So I made a new submission with 15 each for S and X.

The link ANFAC - Asociación Española de Fabricantes de Automóviles y Camiones was used before but only shows the current number, not the historic ones - that means while it is better than nothing it is not what we really want as you can not verify the number in our wiki later on.

Hi, @aubreymcfato. The reason we have a row for other countries is that there are too many countries in Europe with very low-volume Tesla sales and it isn't worth collecting monthly data for them. Instead, we collect yearly data. At the end of this year, I will check the following 6 countries one by one when I finalize the 2019 table. Until then, we will use an estimate.
  1. Ireland
  2. Czech Republic
  3. Estonia
  4. Italy
  5. Finland
  6. Luxembourg
You probably think there are a lot more countries in Europe, why are they not included? You are right. If you look at the 2017 page here, it includes the 16 countries below too but the 2018 page here doesn't. Why?
  1. Poland 33
  2. Hungary 28
  3. Portugal 22
  4. Lithuania 11
  5. Latvia 9
  6. Slovenia 8
  7. Iceland 5
  8. Romania 5
  9. Cyprus 2
  10. Greece 1
  11. Bulgaria 0
  12. Croatia 0
  13. Liechtenstein 0
  14. Malta 0
  15. Slovakia 0
  16. Turkey 0
That's because I couldn't find a source for them for 2018. The European Union used to have an excellent website at www.eafo.eu where I found the numbers for 2017. Unfortunately, in 2018 they gave the website to a 14-year-old kid who doesn't know anything about web design and he completely messed it up beyond recognition, or at least that's how it feels like when you look at the website now. If you know a source for one of these 16 countries and yearly Tesla registrations are going to be more than 50 units, let me know the source.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: aubreymcfato
A surprising admission by BMW... BMW says there's no demand for all-electric cars - they are wrong - Electrek

BMW’s director of development, Klaus Frölich told in a round-table interview in Munich that they don’t see demand for all-electric vehicles (via Forbes):

There are no customer requests for BEVs. None. There are regulator requests for BEVs, but no customer requests.”

“If we have a big offer, a big incentive, we could flood Europe and sell a million (BEV) cars but Europeans won’t buy these things.

From what we see, BEVs are for China and California and everywhere else is better off with PHEVs with good EV range.”

Not sure It would help much but febiac for belgium has Some Numbers:

http://febiac.web4pro.com/nl_mon_brand_c.xls

Regards

Hi, @aubreymcfato. The reason we have a row for other countries is that there are too many countries in Europe with very low-volume Tesla sales and it isn't worth collecting monthly data for them. Instead, we collect yearly data. At the end of this year, I will check the following 6 countries one by one when I finalize the 2019 table. Until then, we will use an estimate.
  1. Ireland
  2. Czech Republic
  3. Estonia
  4. Italy
  5. Finland
  6. Luxembourg
You probably think there are a lot more countries in Europe, why are they not included? You are right. If you look at the 2017 page here, it includes the 16 countries below too but the 2018 page here doesn't. Why?
  1. Poland 33
  2. Hungary 28
  3. Portugal 22
  4. Lithuania 11
  5. Latvia 9
  6. Slovenia 8
  7. Iceland 5
  8. Romania 5
  9. Cyprus 2
  10. Greece 1
  11. Bulgaria 0
  12. Croatia 0
  13. Liechtenstein 0
  14. Malta 0
  15. Slovakia 0
  16. Turkey 0
That's because I couldn't find a source for them for 2018. The European Union used to have an excellent website at www.eafo.eu where I found the numbers for 2017. Unfortunately, in 2018 they gave the website to a 14-year-old kid who doesn't know anything about web design and he completely messed it up beyond recognition, or at least that's how it feels like when you look at the website now. If you know a source for one of these 16 countries and yearly Tesla registrations are going to be more than 50 units, let me know the source.

Hey @Big Blue 1011 , thanks for submitting a number for Spain! Was just going to cofirm it, however, when I follow the source link you gave and click on the pdf that is embedded in the latest news item, I only find a Model 3 number in the top 5 EVs, but not the Tesla total you posted. Can you re-submit the data and explain (there is an extra field in the submission process for that) where to find that number exactly? Thanks!

@aubreymcfato @Troy - I just confirmed the Belgium number for June (thanks for submitting!) and realized in the process that the number that is shown in the document @Troy describes in the "manual" is likely including used vehicle registrations (there are other documents linked that say "voitures neuves"= new cars). But those don´t show monthly numbers, but only cumulated I think. We really only want to count new vehicle registrations, right? Have to look at the page again to find a way to get this info and how much of a difference there is...

@aubreymcfato @Troy - I just confirmed the Belgium number for June (thanks for submitting!) and realized in the process that the number that is shown in the document @Troy describes in the "manual" is likely including used vehicle registrations (there are other documents linked that say "voitures neuves"= new cars). But those don´t show monthly numbers, but only cumulated I think. We really only want to count new vehicle registrations, right? Have to look at the page again to find a way to get this info and how much of a difference there is...

Oh, sorry. Maybe a Belgian user could help us find a better source?

Hi, @JanG007. Thanks. We already use Fabiac as the source for Belgium numbers. Check out the tables on the first page of this thread. Cheers

@Big Blue 1011, @Todesbuckler, @Marselkonomi, thanks for helping with Spain numbers in the past. In case you want to help with Spain again, check out the step by step guide here that shows how to open the PDF file in a new tab. We need the link to the PDF.

Hi, @hobbes. The second link below shows yearly registrations of new cars. Tesla is included here and it shows 1,151 units for 2017 and 878 for 2018. I checked our numbers and it's an exact match. Therefore the monthly file we use must be for new registrations too. 'voitures mixtes' could mean 'hybrid cars'.

Immatriculations mensuelles de voitures et voitures mixtes par marque
Monthly registrations of cars and mixed cars by brand

Immatriculations de voitures neuves par marque
Registrations of new cars by make

Reactions: JanG007 and hobbes
The data is not yet available on the statistics page, but the Danish number for June is 464 vehicles delivered.

Bilimp.dk (the official source) made a news article yesterday stating that Tesla have registered 1,205 vehicles from January 1 to June 30 in Denmark. The official number from Jan 1 - May 31 is 741, so we're left 1,205 - 741 = 464.

Hey @Big Blue 1011 , thanks for submitting a number for Spain! Was just going to cofirm it, however, when I follow the source link you gave and click on the pdf that is embedded in the latest news item, I only find a Model 3 number in the top 5 EVs, but not the Tesla total you posted. Can you re-submit the data and explain (there is an extra field in the submission process for that) where to find that number exactly? Thanks!

@hobbes Sorry, just saw your post. I'll download the instructions and make sure to follow them next time. :)

Reactions: hobbes