TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla European Newsletter

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by martinwinlow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

This makes interesting reading for those of us MS fans this side of the Atlantic.

Firstly, I am pleasantly surprised at the low official UK pricing which starts at 'just' £50k (including the Governments £5k discount) I had been expecting it to be near £60. Also the option unbundling is also a good idea though I'd like to see the Tech Package unbundled too. There are some very useful options there - essential these days, really; navigation, keyless entry and folding wing mirrors but also some not so useful ones especially if you are going to be the only driver - I'm talking Memory Seats etc which is probably quite expensive and ditto LED cornering lights. Would it not be utterly feasible to just completely unbundle ALL of these options?

Anyway, good to hear that Tesla sounds as committed to us in Europe as it does to the US tho I can understand US customers must be feeling a bit jealous!

I hope to get down to Westfield soon and have a chat with the staff there. MW

2. hileyms

hileyms Member

Agree with you regarding price and unbundeling of the Tech Pack. The price of the car may be lower because they have increased the price of the options - Tech pack is 33.33% higher than in the US using the current exchange rate. Highest % price difference is the Supercharging option (I wonder why) which is currently over 48% higher.

3. Hybris

Hybris Member

If you go for a P85 with many option they did increase the cost of the car... For a clean s60 or s85 the price is lower but start adding the options.... Some that are now 40-50% higher price...