Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV roadmap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
Roadster
MS
MX
M3
MY
Semi
CT
Roadster
Boring Co bus
Van (between minivan and van in size)
M1 China
M2 Europe
Smaller CT
Pure robotaxi - M3/MY replacement - 4 seater
Pure robotaxi - Pod - 1 or 2 seater
VTOL aircraft
RV
Bus
Container ship

I don't want many models for Tesla. I would like only:
Roadster
MS
MX
M3
MY
SEMI
CT
Roadster
VAN

M2 for the Europe make not sense, in my honest opinion. Model 3 is a good car for the European Citizens. Then, I would like that the Brand makes not car under 35.000K-

M2 for the Europe make not sense, in my honest opinion. Model 3 is a good car for the European Citizens.
Then, I would like that the Brand makes not car under 35.000K-
Tesla need to have a more popular model to allow and justify adding new Superchargers and Services Centers in Europe and Asia.

If in US the most popular car is the Toyota Camry, in Europe the VW Golf is the most popular car.

1643057923958.png

From the earnings call:
7) Full Self-Driving. So, over time, we think Full Self-Driving will become the most important source of profitability for Tesla. It's -- actually, if you run the numbers on robotaxis, it's kind of nutty -- it's nutty good from a financial standpoint. And I think we are completely confident at this point that it will be achieved.

8) So, on the product road map front, there's quite a lot to talk about. I'm not going to go through every sort of thing that we're working on because I think a lot of them deserve product launches of their own as opposed to a few minutes on an earnings call.

9) The fundamental focus of Tesla this year is scaling output. So, both last year and this year, if we were to introduce new vehicles, our total vehicle output would decrease.

10)So, we will not be introducing new vehicle models this year. It would not make any sense because we'll still be part constrained. We will, however, do a lot of engineering and tooling and whatnot to create those vehicles, Cybertruck, Semi, Roadster, Optimus, and be ready to bring those to production hopefully next year. That is most likely. But like I said, it is dependent on, are we able to produce more cars or fewer cars?

11) So, in terms of priority of products, I think actually the most important product development we're doing this year is actually the Optimus humanoid robot. This, I think, has the potential to be more significant than the vehicle business over time.
So possible launches this year. But no product introductions.