Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will just increase pricing by 7500
So you are just lining their pockets (more)

put $$ into charge networks. These cars aren’t as usable as they need to be for mainstream acceptance. That would go a lot farther if your goal is actually getting more ev’s on the road

If there was cap which I haven’t heard about then it should be 50k not 80. You guys sure like spending others people’s money

Tesla will just increase pricing by 7500
So you are just lining their pockets (more)

For those of us who locked in at a lower price we will be saving money and can spend it on FSD or after market addons. I believe charging stations are being funded by the bi partisan bill with $7.5 Billion being allocated for it. I think the tax credits make it a no brainer for anyone purchasing a new car to highly consider EV regardless if it’s Tesla or another manufacturer. The end result is better for the planet.

For those of us who locked in at a lower price we will be saving money and can spend it on FSD or after market addons.
As a positive net taxpayer, I'd respect this post a lot more if you'd just left it at this.

I get it, we all like tax breaks but as someone intimate with the automotive sales world, charging network density is #1 reason I hear from people when they turn down a BEV option suggested to them.

If you build it, they will come.

Reactions: a2t2
As a positive net taxpayer, I'd respect this post a lot more if you'd just left it at this.

I get it, we all like tax breaks but as someone intimate with the automotive sales world, charging network density is #1 reason I hear from people when they turn down a BEV option suggested to them.
Yes, agree. This should be the focus as some have gone back to ICE due to lack of charging infrastructure (or faster options). I would rather see the Feds provide better incentives for home charging as well.

And lets be honest we're getting to a day and age where a $50k car isn't too far from the average price.
THIS, 100% this ^^^, exactly as I said before. But no, for most here, apparently buying a $40-50k car is being ultra-wealthy. Do some research folks!

By the way, in a case of a M3, for example (and MY is not really any different), you're getting a car very much equivalent to a typical non-luxury $35k car from an american/japanese/maybe german manufacturer. You are in no way, shape or form getting a "Luxury" vehicle. People only say or think that Teslas are luxury either because they're trying to convince themselves, their friends, or plain old don't know any better! So you're getting a $35k equivalent car for $50k, and let's all agree that this car is not as useable (making you jump through hoops related to range and charging) as a ICE car. But you are helping accelerate and advance the switch to EV, which by now is clearly written on ALL the walls. So tell me again why you shouldn't be getting the tax incentive to do all this?!?

I think incentives for home chargings and building out the network are real important. I got half my install paid for here and that was really nice. If they covered like up to 600$ or something that would be great on the federal level. If they also invest in EV post trucks with CCS infrastructure for them that would definitely help too. Making EVs more and more common place I think will go just as far as the rebate. We're seeing Mach E buyers dealing with price gouging at dealerships already. Same thing is happening with VW.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I think incentives for home chargings and building out the network are real important. I got half my install paid for here and that was really nice. If they covered like up to 600$ or something that would be great on the federal level. If they also invest in EV post trucks with CCS infrastructure for them that would definitely help too. Making EVs more and more common place I think will go just as far as the rebate. We're seeing Mach E buyers dealing with price gouging at dealerships already. Same thing is happening with VW.
Price gouging is happening everywhere. My church friend went to a Hyundai dealership looking for an Elantra ($20k econo box car), and the dealer wants $5k mark up for it. lol

• Funny
I won't pretend to have read the whole 2,702 page bill, but the phrase "electric vehicle" is in the bill 113 times, and almost every time it is followed by "charging infrastructure." Specifically, funding for EV charging infrastructure is in the bill. A working group to study EVs is in the bill. But no tax incentives for EV purchases are in the bill that I can find.

Last edited:
No. This bill sets aside $7.5 Billion towards building out charging stations, among other things.
This bill does not include an extension of the Tax Rebate for purchasing EVs. That should HOPEFULLY come in the $3.5T bill that the Dems are trying to push through themselves via reconciliation next.
I think the $7.5 billion became $5 billion in the final version. Page 2642, line 17: https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/_...F8A7C77D69BE09151F210EB4DFE872CD.edw21a09.pdf

You may be right, but I'm going to wait for someone else to read through and digest the final bill. As much as I've tried to skim through the 2702 page bill, life is just too short.

i think you and our reps/senators are alike (except for the life's too short part ;) ) I'm hoping final version goes beyond just charging or at least gives us end users charging incentives too.

• Disagree
i think you and our reps/senators are alike (except for the life's too short part ;) ) I'm hoping final version goes beyond just charging or at least gives us end users charging incentives too.

Wait for the 3.5T Democrat only package. We should know more about that this week.