Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will do just fine… It’s almost a trillion $ company now. :cool:

A very small percentage of people will make the switch to other brands, if that. Otherwise it’s just a matter of getting these deliveries in Q4 vs Q1.
By the end of 2022, Tera Texas will more than double US Tesla production. That should put a little dent in supply/ demand.

By the end of 2023, Cybertruck production and increasing efficiency in existing facilities should increase it by another 50% or more.

Don’t need to jump start the EV market, it’s already on fire. Just need to not lose the momentum we have.
True. The bigger question should be the energy source for the charging stations. Sustainable energy cannot and will not support even fraction of the demand. More charging station means more nuclear or coal power plants that need to be introduced.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Tesla will do just fine… It’s almost a trillion $ company now. :cool:

A very small percentage of people will make the switch to other brands, if that. Otherwise it’s just a matter of getting these deliveries in Q4 vs Q1.
It's not other brands that are a problem. Well over 100,000 Nov. and Dec. deliveries are at risk for delay requests or cancel/reorder, a huge logistical problem, with the alternative being no rebate for the customer. "Just a matter of..." is a huge understatement.

BTW, the original proposals included removal of the 200,000 car limit for the current rebate for sales after the proposal date, which could easily be modified to enactment date, but that wouldn't screw non union Tesla and its customers,

Just saw the price increase, July orders delivering now might have to pay $4,500 more for a cancel/reorder and in NJ they would lose the $2,000 State rebate. OOPS!

Last edited:
Which model went up 8k?

Holy cow! Just checked Tesla and looks like MY is now 59k! When did this happen? Now I don’t feel bad about missing the state and fed rebates. I paid 50k in April too.

Last edited:
So by buying for $49k in April I already got my rebate of at least $8,480 and no need to submit any paperwork to IRS. $8k in price increases and at least $480 in tax savings on $8k that I do not need to pay to Maryland.👍
If you really want to get detailed, don’t forget about the increase in order fee from $100 to $250. And the removal of 11 months of free premium connectivity ($9.99 + tax per month).

With your 6% tax, that’s another $275.48. Total of $8,755.48 in savings!

Reactions: zpaul
Tesla is solving the cancel reorder problem with price increases.
Another increase for the Model S and X today... Tesla must be getting ready for rebates in 2022. ;)

Screen-Shot-2021-10-23-at-4.45.52-PM.jpg