Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla exhibits at the Paris Motor Show 2008 Oct 4-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
logo.gif

http://www.mondial-automobile.com/Portals/2/plaquette/Pictures/pages/complet.pdf

Brochure

Last edited:
AirFrance offers reduced air fares for Paris auto show visitors

There are reductions applicable to a large range of fares on all AirFrance flights from all over the world.

Special Offer Code: 03949AF
Valid from 27 September to 24 October 2008

Starting from 10% off public fares without restrictions to 47% on unrestricted public fares on all French domestic flights.

This offer is bookable via the website of the motor show
Mondial de l'Automobile (anglais) > Home or directly via
Welcome to Air France
or from any agency - quote as reference: GGIRAFEVENTNEGO

Finkenbusch, you should go down there yourself, check the car out and maybe put your concerns about the battery choices to them.

Today I received my official press accreditation for the fair.
So rest assured - I will indeed have a good, long and hard look & talk.

There will be enough time as two days before the public opening there are two exclusive press days giving enough room for pros to engage in personal contact.

The fair is certainly one of the most important in the world of cars and THE fair to attend nowadays.

Last edited:
Tesla is not the ultimate navel of the EV universe - there many suns

...other interesting exhibits when you get back :smile:

Me too - but not the plain vanilla things we know already.
A Tesla looks pretty the same in Houston, Berlin or in Paris
Certainly a brave concept to try to drive a car build on mobile phone batteries.
But a two seater company with five cars produced and out on the street (quote by Tesla founder: 120 miles per load expected average - no trunk) will not really rock a sober lady off the chair.

New and invigorating concepts in the EV world / energy systems is the hope to see.

Things which we dont dare to expect to be presented, are not so sure about or really new concepts or breakthroughs.

Like a full electric Mercedes A1 for the international market starting in broad supply 2009. A Mercedes Smart EV not only in London in homeopathic doses of 100 as test fleet - as today.
A Fisker or a stunning Toyota Volta electric (both concept cars from renown and seasoned companies - and not in a backdoor / boutique slashed together product), stunning styled Lightning with inwheel motors and (if the timeline internally advertised becomes true sensationally) a brand new / as internally very elegant styled EV resurrected legendary Fiat 500 already end of 2008 on the European mass-market.

We shall certainly find out if also Tesla brings announces something new.

Last edited:
Finkenbusch,

Thanks for the post, and all of the info on the Air France discount. I'd love to fly Air France, stay in Paris, and see the show. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or money. I hope you will leave a post here with your impressions on the Tesla and the other EVs at the show. Espically Daimler. Th!nk, and Renault.

"Tesla is not the ultimate navel of the EV universe - there many suns" - True enough, but this is TeslaMotorsClub.com, not EVworld.com after all! :)

GSP

Finkenbusch,

Thanks for the post, and all of the info on the Air France discount. I'd love to fly Air France, stay in Paris, and see the show. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or money. I hope you will leave a post here with your impressions on the Tesla and the other EVs at the show. Espically Daimler. Th!nk, and Renault.

"Tesla is not the ultimate navel of the EV universe - there many suns" - True enough, but this is TeslaMotorsClub.com, not EVworld.com after all! :)

GSP

My "beef" with Fikenbusch's assessment is he talks about all these other EVs on the market. Where the hell are they because I'd sure like to buy one. Where are the test drives, specs, prices, reviews, fans, etc.? For all the props given to Daimler, Renault and even Th!nk, they don't have one that can get you ten miles from my house to work on the freeway. Can they Finkenbusch?

Think might not have something for you right away in the US DDB, but they do in Norway. I see them a lot now, especially since either there are around 6 persons with new-gen Thinks in my neighbourhood or someone working at Think and swapping colors every other day parks right around the corner.

Think is currently closed for the summer, but they are producing in similar numbers as Tesla right now, and I got more trust in their ramp-up plan than Teslas as their factories are a lot smaller.
The other ones you sure got a point.

Cobos

Tesla Motors exhibits at this year’s Paris Auto Show

Tesla’s exhibit is in Hall 5.1, Stand 131, Allée A.

Darryl Siry, Tesla’s Senior Vice President for Global Sales, Marketing and Service, will also be at the show on Oct. 2-3 and will be available for pre-arranged interviews. There are a limited number of Roadsters available for short test drives and photography shoots in Paris.

Last edited: