Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla expanding to Rhode Island

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it will be the spirit Halloween location. Big enough for a service center.
Yeah, that space is listed on Loopnet ( Commercial Leasing Site) as 6000 - 12000 sq. ft. So should be enough space for service. And honestly they have plenty of parking too. Not sure this is set in stone yet as the space is still listed as available, might just not be updated though.

• Helpful
Reactions: AZRI11
Was at Dedham yesterday dropping off treats to the delivery folks ;) and mentioned this - they didn't know about the actual address but several are ready to transfer Haha.

Not sure how it works, but it could be that the availability is pending and will be updated after the Oct 9 hearing, assuming it's approved.

Was at Dedham yesterday dropping off treats to the delivery folks ;) and mentioned this - they didn't know about the actual address but several are ready to transfer Haha.

Not sure how it works, but it could be that the availability is pending and will be updated after the Oct 9 hearing, assuming it's approved.
Most likely Tesla is waiting to get appprovaam from the state and town before they officially sign a lease, in case something doesn't go as planned.

"Used car"? What about new cars? And what's a "Sunday sales licence?"
I think it was a mistake by journo. Small local paper. Need permit for Sunday sales. I'm shocked that local car dealers didn't fight this, there is still as of now a state law forbidding manufacturers from selling direct. Circumventing by hiring powerful politician as their lawyer :p K. Joe Shekarchi, the House majority leader.

Last edited:
Tesla got around the manufacturer's selling direct is that it only applies to manufacturer's that already have dealerships in place. Since Tesla doesn't have that, they can sell direct.

I think it was a mistake by journo. Small local paper. Need permit for Sunday sales. I'm shocked that local car dealers didn't fight this, there is still as of now a state law forbidding manufacturers from selling direct. Circumventing by hiring powerful politician as their lawyer :p K. Joe Shekarchi, the House majority leader.

• Informative
Tesla got around the manufacturer's selling direct is that it only applies to manufacturer's that already have dealerships in place. Since Tesla doesn't have that, they can sell direct.
That's a perfectly reasonable solution to the impasse and quite an obvious one. That it hasn't been the automatically accepted solution in all states where Tesla has met resistance boggles the mind.

According to this NPR article, Tesla will soon have a presence in RI! Such great news. :)

"Tesla has received the state and municipal licensing to open a store in Warwick -- the first in Rhode Island for the forward-looking company known for its premium electric sedans and SUVs. A formal announcement is expected later this year. (Update: A Tesla spokeswoman said there at no plans at this time for Elon Musk to make the scene, although it would add to the interest if he returned to Rhode Island.) Musk made a splash when he raised concerns the spread of artificial intelligence, speaking during the National Governors Association meeting in Providence in 2017. As it stands, Tesla has one store in Connecticut and four outlets in Massachusetts."

TGIF: 20 Things To Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
I was at the Dedham store yesterday, and the staff told me that the RI store is going to open in the next 2 weeks. Apparently just waiting on the sign to arrive. According to the guys in Dedham, the store will have a Service Center as well!

Yes. Next to West Marine. Here are photos of the facade and building permit. This was a few weeks ago. Sorry for my delay in posting.

Attachments

• 408DE71D-B9F3-465F-8149-C6E22E738DAC.jpeg
    408DE71D-B9F3-465F-8149-C6E22E738DAC.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 60362621-3994-4211-BD19-2E2CB0FFD473.jpeg
    60362621-3994-4211-BD19-2E2CB0FFD473.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 65