Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Experience at "Langley Cruise In"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association (VEVA) got together a number of EV Owners to have a block of cars at the Langley Good Times Cruise-In yesterday. This event consists of the center of town being blocked off and then filled with speciality/collector cars of all kinds (and a mobile In-And-Out burger, the only time it is in Canada, with > 3 hour lines). Aprox 100,000 people wander through.

Local Tesla owner MarkV was there with his and my sons and I joined him for several hours to evangelize the unwashed.

If that experience is any indication, there remains a huge segment of the car-loving public only vaguely aware of Tesla. Now, to be sure, lots knew lots, but more knew little. But the interest level was huge, and most of the time they were lined up looking and oohing and awing at the vehicle. (As opposed to nearly no one checking out the Volts, i-MiEVs, Leafs..but okay, people were looking at the 1912 Detroit Electric.)

Got rid of the huge stack of brochures we had in about an hour (leaving 7 more with none!). Having a few 16550 batteries to show was useful as well. A surprising # of people bought the initial intro line that "this battery powers the car"....

markv.jpg

A typical scene