Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Experts - Help me. Someone wants to trade my A7 with their Tesla. Should I?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Costs to fix the accident damage can easily be a lot more than you think. I would not consider trading without having a quote for th repair from a Tesla-certified body shop.

Finding a clean CPO car will likely be a better deal. The CPO cars come with the bumper to bumper warranty reset to the full term, 4 years IIRC.

GSP

The range is 130 Miles per charge. only 13k miles on the car. Tesla said its 11k to upgrade to S60 and another 2500 to enable super charger.

I am leaning towards not trading now.
Don't make the trade. The range of the S40 is quite limited and the accident devalues the car. Sell your Audi and buy a CPO Tesla. You will have the full 4 year warranty.

Time to go either the CPO or inventory car route.
An inventory car will have some mileage, but you are eligible for the $7,500 federal tax refund, plus any applicable state tax refund.
Lots of other features than retractable mirrors, parking sensors, rear trunk cover have been added to cars since the S40.
And you will have the full 4 year warranty.

And you won't have the worry about repairing existing body damage.

Sell your A7 to Carmax or trade your car with Tesla.

Time to go either the CPO or inventory car route.
An inventory car will have some mileage, but you are eligible for the $7,500 federal tax refund, plus any applicable state tax refund.
Lots of other features than retractable mirrors, parking sensors, rear trunk cover have been added to cars since the S40.
And you will have the full 4 year warranty.

And you won't have the worry about repairing existing body damage.

Sell your A7 to Carmax or trade your car with Tesla.

Can you elaborate on the the "inventory car route"? How can I still get the 7500- federal tax refund if its a used car?