TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Explores - Mobile Showrooms

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by systemcrashed, Sep 7, 2016.

1. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Cool! I like the way Tesla is always trying new marketing approaches.

Looks like the first West Coast event is Sep. 9 in Santa Barbara, then on to LA and then maybe SF. On the East Coast the first event is in New York next week.

3. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

I would hope that the trailer idea is done using the MX battery through an inverter as the energy source for the Airstream (good stuff, check out Thor Industries, stock symbol THO).

If they can show not only that the trailer can be towed by the car - but also powered by the car for hours on end, that is a good thing. Tesla needs an onboard auxiliary inverter to power a 120V circuit with a 1000W+ inverter, if possible. Much like EVExtend.com did for Volts and Leafs. At an RV park, you can plug in a UMC and charge the car and also run power to your trailer simultaneously.

4. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Can these go into states that do not allow dealorships? They merely show choices and people can order on line

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I would think the Tesla mobile Design Studios will be able to go anywhere. It's just a showroom on wheels. Of course in the states where Tesla is not allowed to talk about the price or take an order through a sales person, all they have to do is let the customer look at the screen and they can see the prices (the sales person can remain "mute" ;) and they can click to order.

The anti Tesla laws are so absurdly stupid in the age of the Internet that I lack the words to describe the legislators who pass them...

6. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Why are these "studios" going to places that already have stores?

7. systemcrashed

I think the idea is for them to be based in those stores for a period of time and people who are in surrounding cities can schedule the mobile showroom to come to them.

8. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Doesn't help those of us who live in places where there aren't stores at all.

9. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

Exactly what I said in my comments to Tesla. I suggested they do Montana/Yellowstone. Show off how Tesla enables road trips (what's a better road trip then Yellowstone?) and hit some parts of the country that are showroom-free.

10. systemcrashed

No, I believe they will come out to you, you just need to schedule with the nearest SC location on the map at the time the mobile unit is there.