Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - Extended Order Status v0.2 [user developed chrome extension]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was fun while it lasted!! Congrats on the VIN. Still awaiting ours :)
I know... If the ProductF object didn't contain some personal information, I would ask for it, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable sharing it myself (ProductF, in my version of the account page, has all the data for the page information). Bummed that I can't help. At least you can open the page source and seach for the 5YJ string for your VIN.

Sorry I can't help more than that!

I know... If the ProductF object didn't contain some personal information, I would ask for it, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable sharing it myself (ProductF, in my version of the account page, has all the data for the page information). Bummed that I can't help. At least you can open the page source and seach for the 5YJ string for your VIN.

Sorry I can't help more than that!
What should I be looking for searching for the Vin? Ive seached for "5YJ" In the page source but get about 16 results, How do I know which one would be it?

Hi Everyone,

I've had my M3 RWD on order for a few weeks now, and I've spent that time refreshing the page and looking in the source code for the VIN and other details. Given that I work as a developer full-time, I considered ways to automate the process and make it easier to check for the VIN. The disadvantage was that it required an additional steps to obtain the information, whereas this extension places the information immediately on the page.

As a result, I designed a Chrome Extension that you can instal on your browser to add extra information about your order to the order page (check the attached image or the extension link). Everything is now in English only, and it has the following functionality:
If there is a VIN, it is displayed below the Reservation Number (RN) from the source code. It looks at the Tesla from a technical standpoint it is from the variable "Tesla.ProductF.Data.Vin" It also creates a briefly informational table (again fetched from Tesla.ProductF.Data) below, scroll down to find the table.

Link to the extension : Download

I just tried it with my order, so if you notice anything incorrect, you can reply here or send me a DM. Also, this solution should technically work on all Tesla orders (S, 3, X, Y).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.00.18 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.00.18 am.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.02.02 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.02.02 am.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.02.48 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.02.48 am.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 281
Hi Everyone,

I've had my M3 RWD on order for a few weeks now, and I've spent that time refreshing the page and looking in the source code for the VIN and other details. Given that I work as a developer full-time, I considered ways to automate the process and make it easier to check for the VIN. The disadvantage was that it required an additional steps to obtain the information, whereas this extension places the information immediately on the page.

As a result, I designed a Chrome Extension that you can instal on your browser to add extra information about your order to the order page (check the attached image or the extension link). Everything is now in English only, and it has the following functionality:
If there is a VIN, it is displayed below the Reservation Number (RN) from the source code. It looks at the Tesla from a technical standpoint it is from the variable "Tesla.ProductF.Data.Vin" It also creates a briefly informational table (again fetched from Tesla.ProductF.Data) below, scroll down to find the table.

Link to the extension : Download

I just tried it with my order, so if you notice anything incorrect, you can reply here or send me a DM. Also, this solution should technically work on all Tesla orders (S, 3, X, Y).

(moderator note)

Your post was moved into this existing thread for the same thing that someone previously released here on TMC. Since its the same thing ( a chrome extension checking teslas website), just developed by a different person, I felt it was on topic for this thread vs a separate one.

Reactions: Blackfish