Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla + EZPass = uglified. Need ideas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In preps for my delivery Friday, I did a Visual Proof of Concept today.

As I posted earlier, I bought "The Law" front license plate bracket for my 3, since I'm in MA. I also have the "Twinkie" external mount EZ Pass. The Law is a design where the front plate "floats", i.e. no contact with the car. Because of that gap, I decided to see if I could get my EZPass behind the plate, instead of in the front of it.

Is it a "sexy" solution, no? Will it scan the EZ Pass?? I'll let you know after I get the car.

IMG_20180808_120242.jpg
IMG_20180808_120311.jpg
IMG_20180808_120321.jpg

Here are some pics....yes, I know the plate is grimey and has seen better days.:p:p:p

1st pic....you can only see that little bit of black above the plate, that's the EZPass. Unfortunately, there's no wiggle room to slide either one up or down.

2nd Pic is the view from the side. I'm holding the book up to approximate the car.

3rd pic is the back view of the EZPass behind the plate.

Does it match the back of the touch screen? I'm thinking of sticking it there.

Not sure I never really looked at the back of the screen I guess. They have many other shades that I'm sure you can get one that will be close. I wonder it if would work though on the back of the screen like that since now it will be covered. The side that faces the windshield is not fully covered and I think that might need to be like that no?

Hey guys....I took delivery on Friday and installed The Law before I left the lot, WITH my EZPass on it.

I put the EZPass upside down and behind the plate, and tested it over the weekend. It worked fine on a traditional booth (25mph) and an overhead gantry (65mph).

1st pic, side view closeup. As you can see, the EZPass BARELY fits between the plate and bumper, but the plate mount is pretty rigid, so it doesn't bump.

2nd pic, front view. the plate fully covers the EZPass. Is it perfect? No....having NO front plate is my preference, but this will have to do.

IMG_20180813_162443.jpg
MVIMG_20180813_162421.jpg