TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla 'Face' on the MX

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Sunlight, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

After all the flak and criticism that Tesla got for the faux grille on the MS. I sincerely hope that the final production version of the MX has replaced this with something far more stylish.

I suspect the original MX design was similar to hook the two cars together...........

2. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I, as well as many, like the front of my S. I hope the final version is close to the prototype X shown.

3. kiefer

kiefer Member

I would not expect the front to be chanced from the prototype. The front is the mark for a Tesla, and like many others I like that too..!

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I liked the prototype. I would be disappointed to see it change.

5. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Same. It has this 'angry birds' mean look about it that I'm so in love with. If they change it, it better look better than a Star Wars royal shuttle.

6. roblab

roblab Active Member

I expect it will change, just like the alpha and even the beta a little, changed when it went to production. It took them months to figure out if they needed a grille or not. Of course, we expect they will have it together a little bit better this time, but I wouldn't count on it.

The car I cannot stand the most is the new look for Toyota, epitomized by the FCX. Star Wars Storm trooper crossed with a Hoover vacuum nozzle.

And I betcha Bonnie will still be too proud of her car, even if it changes.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Heck, yeah! It still has a plug, right?

8. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

the current bumper is just a temporary cap until they complete work on their electric railgun and radar tracking that all of us can have retrofitted. time to say goodbye to that slow driver hogging the left hand lane in front of me.

9. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

not sure I could find it now, but about a year ago Franz made a comment about looking at the car and wishing he'd had another chance in some places... the front grill was the only one he specifically named.

I hope they change it... I'm not a fan of the "angry bird" look, but of course it's just a matter of personal opinion.

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Ruh-roh, nobody told bonnie....

- - - Updated - - -

I must save I've been tempted to add a bumper sticker to my nose cone: "If you can read this, get the F out of the passing lane."

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

The X currently has LED strips where the foglights would go like the alpha Model S has. I'd be surprised if they kept that, though the look works better on the X than it ever did on the S IMO.

12. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Thanks for this image. It's now replaced in my mind's eye the gaping fish mouth analogy that I picked up from another thread here.

fish.jpg angrybird.jpg

13. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

And an angry bird would have a c[SUB]d [/SUB]of 0.4. A fish with a gaping mouth, well not so much perhaps?

14. Nubo

Nubo Test Mule

My father was more direct: "If you're going to do the speed limit, get out of the 'speeding lane'" :tongue:

15. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

Elon announced that it would be a 3.0l 6 cylinder, didn't you hear?