TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla facelift weird sounds

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nicofr2, Nov 24, 2016.

1. nicofr2

nicofr2 New Member

Hi,

I've not been very active on the forum as this is my 1st post but I've spent quite some hours on that forum.
    I took delivery on my S60D almost 2 months ago and since that I haven’t had any issue with it.

However, since the delivery I have a weird noise coming from the driver side once I plug the UMC or when the car wakes up after the night.
    I thought at the beginning that this was maybe something normal but never experienced some sound like that in my previous EV (E-golf) .

So I contacted my SC and asked them to checked... Of course they were not able to reproduce the sound. (Typical), and did some checks but didn’t found anything wrong.
    So I got my car back on the same day and this morning ... Bingo the sound again....

I've managed to record with my phone... so if someone can tell me if this is normal sound (which I don't think it is...) – this sound makes me thinking more about a very old door you are trying to open rather than a top EV…J

This sounds usually last for 20-30 seconds after I plug the car with the UMC or after opening the car in the morning.

Thanks.

Nicolas

2. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

I get the same thing since I got it. I figure it's switches and vents related to the battery, all related to keeping it at an optimum temperature. Out of curiosity, do you have preconditioning setup? If so, try turning it off and see what happens.

3. nicofr2

nicofr2 New Member

Thanks for your answer. At least I feel less lonely.. Preconditioning is off so it shouldn't play a role here...
    I've sent the video also to my SC so let's see if something comes out of it.

• Like x 1
  4. jfoxny

jfoxny Member

I too have noticed this. I was going to ask about it when I bring it in for it's first service.