Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla factory in Fremont (was NUMMI)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also noticed rail on the floor of the stamping press room. Not only for sliding in forms but up and down the length of the room.

And interestingly there is track on both sides of the big round red "flip over machine" as well.

One of the Tesla employees commented on the rails. He pointed out how it seems like the factory would take in parts and send out cars Via rail but no. There are are huge row of truck loading docks for that.

Rail is more efficient. Would be nice to see Tesla go the greener route.

Of course those are leftovers from NUMMI. I doubt the production volume at the plant will be sufficient for rail to be economically viable for quite some time.

And interestingly there is track on both sides of the big round red "flip over machine" as well.

I was wondering what they use this one for, the tour didn't mention it, or I was too busy looking at the big cnc machine

IMG_2223.JPG

(the tracks were a little greasy - and this was the only machine I tried to get in ;> besides the beautiful car
'4 days production time' sounds good, I was wondering. It looks like they could crank out quite a few each day but I couldn't figure how long each one takes w/ each station and all the finishing touches.

The robots & factory is all pretty impressive! It makes me want to visit Germany again.

And interestingly there is track on both sides of the big round red "flip over machine" as well....
I was wondering what they use this one for,...

View attachment 2984....

This is the one I was referring to with train tracks in it. It's simply a machine to put a huge stack of (presumably) stamped plates into and turn them over so the other side is up.

And apparently a favorite for posing in front of.