Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Factory observation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Fremont factory today. Compared to the last time I was there in Sept 2013 there were 3 times as many cars parked in the employee lots. I also took the factory tour again and the place is just buzzing everywhere with activity. The amount of parts inventory is jaw dropping. All the naysayers who spout vitriol without facts can eat it!

The tour this time was on a tram, not walking like it was before in Sept.. We were kept to the periphery of the factory, where as in Sept they had us walk up and down a couple of the subassembly lines where you could reach out and touch an S if you wanted to, peer into the cars and even talk to the line workers. The place is so busy and there were so many carts and bikes moving around I think it's just a safety precaution to keep visitors out of harms way. There were just an incredible amount of parts, boxes, and other inventory. Maybe inventory for the S and X. Interestingly you could see a design studio with 4 shells of the S being worked on but no X. We looked for any sign of the X but didn't see anything. The tour guide said 700/week for the S and I thought he said they were gearing up to 1000/week in the near future but my wife did not hear that tidbit sooo I can't be sure about that. The most surprising thing to me was the employee parking lots as I said above.

My car went production complete this morning.... so you might have seen it!

It was the grey one. :rolleyes:

production complete -blurred 5172014 PM.jpg