TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Fails Again.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by buttershrimp, Apr 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

So I'm pulling into my alley way this evening and unbeknownst to my neighbor, who is slowly walking her dogs down the alley, and because the car is so quiet, neither she nor the dogs realize I am creeping behind 10 feet behind them for about 100 feet. Do I honk? No, that would jar them... I can wait for them and I will quietly stalk all of them at 2 mph down the alley.

Then, Elon (McFail) Musk decides to put a GPS specific homelink option in the car so just as my neighbor is passing in front of my the garage, it opens suddenly and the dogs run away! She looks back and I waive embarrassingly because she realizes I've been behind her for 100 feet and thinks I just now opened the garage door to tell her to get the hell out of the way. She apologizes and jogs off to try to catch her dogs.... I yell down the alley, "I'm sorry! The car opens the garage door automatically via GPS"

She has no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks Elon.

• Funny x 33
  2. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

tisk tisk, all the time in the world to press cancel at that speed, you were just enjoying stalking them so admit it

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Could have turned your music up and opened the window and gotten home sooner. :)

• Like x 3
  4. What_Was_That?

Roll down your windows. Turn up your radio and wave.

5. Visscher

Visscher Member

Or had someone call you over bluetooth and she could have listened to her whole convo from outside.

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  6. phaduman

phaduman Supporting Member

use your 0-60 to speed past them (let her wonder - why haven't they bought one yet??) and u-turn on front of them into your driveway to show off your shiny new wax

7. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

I prefer to keep the garage control manual, so nobody can remotely summon the car and open the garage door when using the summons. One click setting is all it takes.

• Helpful x 1
  8. SucreTease

SucreTease Teslarian

Anyone who has heard the music that @buttershrimp listens to (as heard on his videos) would realize that his music would scare them as much as honking his horn.

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 3
  9. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

3EC10CA9-EDA8-4E8B-A53A-77E531F1EE02.jpeg 801F53C1-DF92-49C0-A0FC-E963FC562991.jpeg Did the same thing yesterday. The tesla was so quiet that I snuck up on one of the neighborhood wildlife inhabitants enjoying an afternoon snack at the bottom of my driveway

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  10. whitex

whitex Well-Known Member

No need to open a window. The sound system actually seems louder outside of the car than inside. Just turn on the radio, or if you want to get fancy, some Jetsons car noises to play in situations like this. Btw, my wife had a RAV4 Hybrid rental recently and that this has an actual "creeping noise" when driving slow in EV only mode, I don't want that for our Teslas.

• Like x 1
  11. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

Shhhhh....
    don’t write things like this, or we’ll be forced to install annoying noise makers at low speeds just to sound as bad as ICE. ;)

12. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

Hank is working on something for this. I seem to steal people through parking lots all the time. :p

Pedestrian warning sound

• Like x 1
  13. richrootes

richrootes Member

My dogs are always on leash

Hardly yours or the car’s fault

14. David29

David29 Supporting Member

No worries, the Feds have a rule in place that will require noise of some sort from hybrids and EVs in certain conditions, at low speeds, staring in 2020.
    US DOT Finally Finalizes Low-Speed Noise Maker Rules For EVs | CleanTechnica

• Funny x 1
  15. croman

croman Active Member

These regs keep getting pushed back. They are a joke. New round of public comments should obliterate them but current administration is anti-EV (yet anti-reg, so go figure).

16. Joe F

Joe F Disruption is hard.

Now if @HankLloydRight can get an audio of Gilbert Gottfried saying (screaming?) "Get out of the way! Can't you see I'm driving here?" especially seeing the the segment of him on Jay Leno's Garage I'd consider a purchase. :)

• Love x 1
  17. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

If he said that somewhere and we can get the audio, I can surely add it. :)

18. Takumi

Takumi Member

Now, really, we need a picture of that view and the reason why you were so distracted from pressing that cancel button.

• Funny x 1
  19. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler We Are Cognitive Dissidents

I have two coconut shell halves and I just open the window and bang them together.

Thought about mounting them in the Frunk with a remote-actuator string but the Frunk might be too well sealed...

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  20. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Why was your neighbor walking her dogs off-leash?