Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fails Again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

buttershrimp

Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2017
ATX
So I'm pulling into my alley way this evening and unbeknownst to my neighbor, who is slowly walking her dogs down the alley, and because the car is so quiet, neither she nor the dogs realize I am creeping behind 10 feet behind them for about 100 feet. Do I honk? No, that would jar them... I can wait for them and I will quietly stalk all of them at 2 mph down the alley.

Then, Elon (McFail) Musk decides to put a GPS specific homelink option in the car so just as my neighbor is passing in front of my the garage, it opens suddenly and the dogs run away! She looks back and I waive embarrassingly because she realizes I've been behind her for 100 feet and thinks I just now opened the garage door to tell her to get the hell out of the way. She apologizes and jogs off to try to catch her dogs.... I yell down the alley, "I'm sorry! The car opens the garage door automatically via GPS"

She has no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks Elon.

So I'm pulling into my alley way this evening and unbeknownst to my neighbor, who is slowly walking her dogs down the alley, and because the car is so quiet, neither she nor the dogs realize I am creeping behind 10 feet behind them for about 100 feet. Do I honk? No, that would jar them... I can wait for them and I will quietly stalk all of them at 2 mph down the alley.

Then, Elon (McFail) Musk decides to put a GPS specific homelink option in the car so just as my neighbor is passing in front of my the garage, it opens suddenly and the dogs run away! She looks back and I waive embarrassingly because she realizes I've been behind her for 100 feet and thinks I just now opened the garage door to tell her to get the hell out of the way. She apologizes and jogs off to try to catch her dogs.... I yell down the alley, "I'm sorry! The car opens the garage door automatically via GPS"

Thanks Elon.

tisk tisk, all the time in the world to press cancel at that speed, you were just enjoying stalking them so admit it

Thanks Elon.

Could have turned your music up and opened the window and gotten home sooner. :)

3EC10CA9-EDA8-4E8B-A53A-77E531F1EE02.jpeg
801F53C1-DF92-49C0-A0FC-E963FC562991.jpeg
Did the same thing yesterday. The tesla was so quiet that I snuck up on one of the neighborhood wildlife inhabitants enjoying an afternoon snack at the bottom of my driveway

Could have turned your music up and opened the window and gotten home sooner. :)
No need to open a window. The sound system actually seems louder outside of the car than inside. Just turn on the radio, or if you want to get fancy, some Jetsons car noises to play in situations like this. Btw, my wife had a RAV4 Hybrid rental recently and that this has an actual "creeping noise" when driving slow in EV only mode, I don't want that for our Teslas.

Reactions: mal_tsla
  • Funny
Reactions: croman