Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla False Advertising on Model S and X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Tesla Model X Plaid on Dec 28. Took delivery on Dec 30. I found on YouTube that Tesla has a $7500 credit and 10000 miles worth of Supercharging if you take delivery between Dec 30 and Dec 31. I called the customer service and I was told that they don't know for sure what is going on, but I am not qualified for the credit because I placed my order on Dec 28. The Tesla site states that if you take the delivery between Dec 30 and Dec 31, not about placing an order. When I asked the customer service how is possible to take delivery for a car ordered on Dec 30 when it takes one day to get the temporary license plate from the DMW at least one day, but they don't work on Saturday, I was told that she doesn't know and that they might find a way to send you home with the car without the temporary plates. I don't even think that is legal.
Anyway, I am a very dissapointed with Tesla. I am repeated customer, but this might be the last time Tesla see any business from me. I really don't care about the $7500 when I paid $150k for the X, but I can't stand when I see the false advertising and the games that they are playing with the customers. Anyway, I'm considering taking them to small claims court. What do you think, is it worth it? Am I wrong the way I see this issue? Any opinion is highly appreciated.

IMG_0077.jpeg

I ordered a Tesla Model X Plaid on Dec 28. Took delivery on Dec 30. I found on YouTube that Tesla has a $7500 credit and 10000 miles worth of Supercharging if you take delivery between Dec 30 and Dec 31. I called the customer service and I was told that they don't know for sure what is going on, but I am not qualified for the credit because I placed my order on Dec 28. The Tesla site states that if you take the delivery between Dec 30 and Dec 31, not about placing an order. When I asked the customer service how is possible to take delivery for a car ordered on Dec 30 when it takes one day to get the temporary license plate from the DMW at least one day, but they don't work on Saturday, I was told that she doesn't know and that they might find a way to send you home with the car without the temporary plates. I don't even think that is legal.
Anyway, I am a very dissapointed with Tesla. I am repeated customer, but this might be the last time Tesla see any business from me. I really don't care about the $7500 when I paid $150k for the X, but I can't stand when I see the false advertising and the games that they are playing with the customers. Anyway, I'm considering taking them to small claims court. What do you think, is it worth it? Am I wrong the way I see this issue? Any opinion is highly appreciated.

View attachment 890869
Was your order for a new vehicle or one that had previously been registered? How many miles on the odometer?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

View attachment 890869
So you took delivery….the car is in your possession?

Entitled? I ordered my car from the NEW car section. There is a separate USED car, where my car was not listed.

Demos are sold as new - I take back ”previously registered” - not sure what the status of they would be, but seems like they should be considered used and listed in USED vehicles.
If the car price was incorrect by $7500 why did you pay for and finalize the deal?

Demos are sold as new - I take back ”previously registered” - not sure what the status of they would be, but seems like they should be considered used and listed in USED vehicles.

Previously registered vehicles should only be showing up in the "Used Inventory" section. New and untitled demo vehicles would show up in the "Existing Inventory" section.