Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Family Drive: Model S and Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same car as on the Tesla official website?

first_done.jpg

I wonder how necessary that chin spoiler is... I prefer the more rounded chin of the prototype.

expandedmodels.jpg

I'm actually perfectly OK with the new nose. It definitely lost something, but compared to other concept cars that become reality, they've kept it REALLY close.

I wonder if the Model X will look really close to its prototype as well (as they get better at this)

One of the car's unique features is it's sound. The other recent video with three cars on the test track has the whirr of the electric motor. It's so striking to here it from such a big beautiful car. This video misses that.

Comparing this video and the 3 model s cars on the track with the earlier alpha video (Model S Alpha Hits the Road on Vimeo) I noticed that the LEDs seem to be missing or disabled since then. I'm also torn on the logo on the nose cone vs hood. I like it on the cone, but having it on the hood is pretty sleek too.

I imagine nose cone is better for establishing a distinctive design across the upcoming models though, otherwise they'll join the ranks of all the cars and crossovers with gaping mouths with emblem on the hood.