Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla fanboy living in the home of the legacy auto industry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, new member here. A lot of people here live in California as expected, I however live in the greater metro Detroit area. The heart and home of the legacy auto industry. Most of my friends growing up have relatives that worked in the manufacturing plants back in the day, some work in engineering, or some work for suppliers. The auto industry is the life blood of the economy in this area. I hope to one day own a Tesla and join the clubs in the area to bring some Tesla love to southeast Michigan.

Before the Clarkston location opened there was no service center within a reasonable distance in the area, you had to call the mobile service tech for everything. Or if it was needed, you would have to drive over to the nearest service center in Cleveland, OH . With the Clarkston location open its a good move in the right direction and I hope Tesla expands their operations even more here. But most importantly, I hope lawmakers lift the tight restrictions that stop auto OEMs from selling direct to consumers. Tesla currently works around this but they still have long to go...