TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla fast shipping

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by wesley888, Nov 18, 2016.

1. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Last night, I ordered a Wall Connector with 24' Cable to prepare for my Model S arrival in less than 2 weeks. On the Tesla site, it says "DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND OF THIS ITEM, PLEASE ALLOW UP TO TWO WEEKS FOR ORDER PROCESSING AT THIS TIME. ". But in less than 24 hours, I just received a Fedex notice saying it is being shipped out! What a pleasant surprise! :)

2. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

I ordered a NEMA 14-30 adapter about a month ago, said it was a 2 week lead time and I received in a few days.

• Like x 1
  3. George Jetson

George Jetson Member

You're lucky. The NEMA 14-30 isn't even listed anymore. What is the deal with the on-again off-again availability?

4. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

I didn't realize that but glad that I ordered when it became available again.

5. George Jetson

George Jetson Member

This post (#55) explains the problem. Heads up: Tesla no longer manufacturing NEMA 14-30 adapter. Yesterday Tesla issued a recall for owners who purchased the ORIGINAL 14-30 adapter due to 2 documented overheating incidents. They probably pulled all of the NEW inventory to use as replacements to be shipped out to those affected by the recall.

6. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

I had the same thing happen with my HPWC-said 2-3 weeks,then got a shipping notice two days later and received it a couple of days after that. Where's my car dammit !

• Like x 1