Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Favorites - Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends—

My wife and I were listening to Tesla Favorites in music earlier tonight while we were out for a drive. In no exaggeration, The Weeknd came on 27 out of 33 times. We actually counted. Now, I like The Weeknd as much as the next guy here, but is there a way to change, edit, or set preferences on Tesla’s Favorites album so it includes some variety? Kinda insane that it was all one band.

Any thoughts?

(Yes, I know this is a petty request and I can always click a new station, this is more out of curiosity than complaints!)

Reactions: BonnieD
Hi friends—

My wife and I were listening to Tesla Favorites in music earlier tonight while we were out for a drive. In no exaggeration, The Weeknd came on 27 out of 33 times. We actually counted. Now, I like The Weeknd as much as the next guy here, but is there a way to change, edit, or set preferences on Tesla’s Favorites album so it includes some variety? Kinda insane that it was all one band.

Any thoughts?

(Yes, I know this is a petty request and I can always click a new station, this is more out of curiosity than complaints!)
The AI has learned what you love, desire, and need in your life...don’t fight it...embrace it.

In all seriousness, I don’t know what the weekend is....but if I don’t like where things are going I change channels, I’ve found if it’s on a kick of one type of my favorites and I go away from that favorites station and go back, it will be in a different mood. (The AI IS A WOMAN)! Full of jokes I am.

Hi friends—

Any thoughts?

Exactly one band is ridiculous. It would be so much better if like 10 songs of 10 different artist. Even if Cold Play was my favorite band not all one band...Elon please

The AI has learned what you love, desire, and need in your life...don’t fight it...embrace it.

In all seriousness, I don’t know what the weekend is....but if I don’t like where things are going I change channels, I’ve found if it’s on a kick of one type of my favorites and I go away from that favorites station and go back, it will be in a different mood. (The AI IS A WOMAN)! Full of jokes I am.

All my stations were created by asking my Model 3 to play songs by a band or genre. So I have stations (plus a few more my wife made):

NiN
Rush
Depeche Mode
80s alternative
90s alternative

What I like about the NiN, Rush, and DM station is that it plays music by those bands and others that are like them. I thumbs up/down to tailor to my liking.

There is only one play list you need when driving a Tesla (or any other electric car)

Radio Swiss Jazz - Home
Absolutely brilliant recommendation! You are the only other person I know to have discovered that gem. For those unfamiliar: infinite and mostly excellent diversified (in fact, goes a bit beyond jazz, but, hey!) playlist and NO commercials. You get English, French and German but no Romansh to my ear...Has the highest bit rate of any streamers. In Chicago, tho, I mostly prefer analog WFMT...