Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla featured on Curb Your Enthusiasm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just watched it. It is clear that both Larry David and Ted Danson are challenged by difficult 'beeps'. OTOH, Larry David's car is an i3. Maybe that explains the renewable jokes.

One of my biggest complaints during 4+ years in a Model S was a pivotal plot point in tonight's "Curb Your Enthusiasm". You'll have to watch it, but Larry was driving Ted Danson's new red Model S, stopped behind a police cruiser, when the light changed. Somebody in the writer's room must own a Model S.
I agree -- although with my previous Audi it was even harder to give a subtle "reminder beep" than in my MS. anyhow a funny scene.

I always wondered when Larry would drive the Model S. It made sense. Sheryl was also so environmentally conscious - so much so that she made Larry use recyclable toilet paper. Just watched the episode. Makes sense that Ted owns it - since she is dating him now. lol ha ha

Last edited:
Before this season, he drove a Prius. This season he's driving a BMW i3 EV.

He's too cheap and finds Tesla too flashy... plus there's the horn issue... ;)
I was actually surprised he was even driving the BMW. Looks much too flashy for his character. The frugal self-centered narcissist. It makes sense Ted owns it - Sheryl made Larry spend big - all the house changes they went through. lol Selling b/c of the cable line in the backyard? Ha ha!

Larry was impressed by Ted Danson's new Tesla (Season 9 Episode 3 at 5 1/2 minutes in)

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.01.34 AM.png

But when Larry drove the car moments later it had transformed into a pre-facelift model
Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.09.34 AM.png

Those that watched the episode might agree that we deserve an explanation for this disturbance. Yes?

Larry was impressed by Ted Danson's new Tesla (Season 9 Episode 3 at 5 1/2 minutes in)

View attachment 254452

But when Larry drove the car moments later it had transformed into a pre-facelift model
View attachment 254453

Those that watched the episode might agree that we deserve an explanation for this disturbance. Yes?
Of course we are here to help you with understanding. It was a minor disturbance, that's all, and we're dealing with it...:rolleyes:

I think the horn thing is 100% accurate!! Not that it's so pronounced or loud, but that's it's nearly impossible to just get it to give a short "reminder beep".. the spring in it is very strong, so any press of the horn ends up being much longer than intended.. you really can't just give it one of those small, quick "tap" toots or a double tap toot.

Reactions: cmarshack and Ken7
I think the horn thing is 100% accurate!! Not that it's so pronounced or loud, but that's it's nearly impossible to just get it to give a short "reminder beep".. the spring in it is very strong, so any press of the horn ends up being much longer than intended.. you really can't just give it one of those small, quick "tap" toots or a double tap toot.

I gave someone an "alert" honk today and they got pissed at me. Some truth to the episode!!! LOL