TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Finacing

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by vvanders, Feb 5, 2015.

1. vvanders

vvanders Member

Anyone hitting issues with Tesla financing not doing 10% down? They're asking closer to 30%, although with a better rate than 3% on 72 months.

We don't have problems putting down that amount, just was thinking about outlaying a little less cash to have more liquid on hand.

On the flip side we're having no problem with our local credit union that will do 115% of LTV at 3% but we'd like to keep the 3-year trade-in option open.

2. CombatChuk

CombatChuk Member

Maybe it's an income thing? I had a problem with Tesla Financing with putting too much down (50%), settled for financing 60% and do qualify for the resale guarantee with Chase Bank

3. vvanders

vvanders Member

Nah, they confirmed it's not income related. Only thing they mentioned is not having a history of 80k+ car payments.

4. PlanB

PlanB Banned

I got 1.74% for 84 months zero down from PointWest Credit Union in Portland. If you live in Oregon you can join. You only have to have a credit score of 750 or above to get that rate.

5. Kofi

Kofi Member

Nice. It seems local credit unions are offering more favorable terms than the manufacturer.

6. vvanders

vvanders Member

That's a nice find! We're actually on the Washington side but I have family that lives in Portland so we might still qualify. Will give them a shot for sure.

7. omega

omega Member

Got 1.24% with DCU for 65m. There is nothing better than this now.

CS 800+ and joint application.

8. middly

middly Member

#8 middly, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    That seems extremely good. Going to call today and see what I can get. I didn't any geographically limiting factors to join. I assume you got 1.24% since I read they give a discounted rate for EV's. 1.24 for 65 is near-free money!

**UPDATE**On-hold with "patrick" at DCU...seems legit! 1.24% includes EV discount of .25 and another discount of .5 IF you have direct deposit, a checking account, and auto-pay. Must meet all 3 req's to get the .5 Otherwise it's 1.99-.25 (EV) = 1.74% which isn't bad either.

I was quoted at 65 months. Seems easy..pay $10 to be a member of an association, then you can get the loan. If you don't want to have direct deposit and all that, you can still get 1.74% with a savings account.

1.24% is pretty much free money! I'm approved so I'll have to see if the Resale Value Guarantee is worth the extra ~1.2% that Tesla Financing is quoting me...at first glance, it does seem worth it.