Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla finally announced what happens to referral supercharging after 9/16/18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps Free Unlimited Lifetime first owner Supercharging (which I will call FULFOS) is going away because Tesla has a different incentive in mind that is guaranteed to boost sales of the S & X- coming sooner than thought...

Ans that is an earlier than forecast interior redesign. Think about it - saying mid 2019 means that sales will slump about 1-2 quarters before then as fewer people will want to buy the "old" interior so close to the new launch. They could just release it early to ensure a steady stream of sales - and then drop inventory pricing by $10K for each of the "old" S & X's and include FULFOS on them to move them.

I am okay with Free supercharging going away and I am okay with the change of Tesla's wordings because I will charge at home except for frequent road trips. But to many people, they may not be okay and may consider it "deal breaker" and "misleading."

I'm not. I bought my MS 90D just before the end of the Free Lifetime Supercharging incentive, knowing that the 100D would be released a few days or weeks after that. I chose the 90D instead because of the Free Supercharging because I prefered that instead of the increased range.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Well, Tesla keeps changing back and forth on its words. Who knows what comes next? **shrug**

When Tesla starts getting some net profit and do a better business, either Public or Private, they might as well surprise us with something and bring Free Supercharging back.

Let's wait and see.

I'm not. I bought my MS 90D just before the end of the Free Lifetime Supercharging incentive, knowing that the 100D would be released a few days or weeks after that. I chose the 90D instead because of the Free Supercharging because I prefered that instead of the increased range.

I definitely feel you as I remember many people gave up the 100D for FUSC. If Tesla informed earlier, the buyers would make wise decision beforehand.

I can only see that Tesla was very desperate to get rid of 90 kwh batteries. The difference between 90 and 100 batteries is big: 81.8 kwh vs. 98.4 kwh usable batteries, respectively. If FUSC is given to both 90 and 100 buyers with meager difference of $3000 difference it is no brainer to choose 100.

The consolation prize however is that if you decide to sell your 90D, at least the FUSC will be transferable and you can lure the buyers with it, whereas almost all 100D's will not get that perk.