Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Finally Caught on I guess

agarabaghi

Oct 14, 2018
Orlando
I was one of the lucky people who picked up their model 3 and had EAP enabled for some reason. It basically worked flawlessly even through updates till last week.

Now the option has disappeared.

I foolishly thought that since now all cars come with EAP standard we would be able to keep it, but i guess not.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone know if you can still purchase EAP?

For those asking, summon disappeared from our app as well.

mtndrew1

May 12, 2015
Gardena, CA
EAP disappeared as an option early in 2019. Since then you either get single-lane autopilot as standard (lane keeping + ACC) or can buy full self driving to enable summon, lane changes, NoA, etc. plus future unicorn fart capabilities.

You can no longer buy EAP and it does not come as standard.

agarabaghi

Oct 14, 2018
Orlando
That is what I thought, but the car looks like its been downgrade to pre 2019, only has stand cruise control, no way to select vehicle queue, and no auto steer.

I thought the new cars came with ACC, Auto Steer?

mreynolds767

Jul 11, 2019
Boston
That is what I thought, but the car looks like its been downgrade to pre 2019, only has stand cruise control, no way to select vehicle queue, and no auto steer.

I thought the new cars came with ACC, Auto Steer?

Auto Steer is part of FSD now.
Basic Auto Pilot is included which is ACC and Lane Keeping only

mtndrew1

May 12, 2015
Gardena, CA
I got my Long Range RWD car October 2018. We had EAP for sure, since we had Navigate on autopilot and Auto Steer as well as Summon.

Did you PAY for EAP?

If you didn’t pay for it and took delivery before 1/1/19 then your autopilot functionality was in error and it looks like they’ve corrected it. There were no standard non-safety autopilot features in 2018 models.

Reactions: gecko10x

derotam

Oct 31, 2018
Oak Hill, VA
I foolishly thought that since now all cars come with EAP standard we would be able to keep it, but i guess not.
All cars do NOT come with EAP currently. They come with AP which is defined as "Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane."

You cannot buy EAP anymore.

agarabaghi

Oct 14, 2018
Orlando
All cars do NOT come with EAP currently. They come with AP which is defined as "Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane."

You cannot buy EAP anymore.

That is what I was looking for, my car currently says AutoPilot in the menu, and has the options there. What i dont see the icon anymore for auto steer, or the option to select how many car distances to maintain.

agarabaghi

Oct 14, 2018
Orlando
You need to buy FSD and AP. Check your Tesla account online to see how much those are going to cost you.
This is what im trying to figure out, in my car it says autopilot and has option (my friends car use to say purchase now). I thought autopilot was $3k and FSD ws $6k at the time of purchasing. But now cars come with Autopilot and the only option is FSD.

Chancellor32

May 10, 2018
Queen Creek, AZ
This is what im trying to figure out, in my car it says autopilot and has option (my friends car use to say purchase now). I thought autopilot was $3k and FSD ws $6k at the time of purchasing. But now cars come with Autopilot and the only option is FSD.
Yes which is why you need to log into your tesla account and look under software upgrades. It will show what you can purchase and how much. I would buy FSD because its EAP plus future features.

agarabaghi

Oct 14, 2018
Orlando
Yes which is why you need to log into your tesla account and look under software upgrades. It will show what you can purchase and how much. I would buy FSD because its EAP plus future features.

I am reaching out to tesla because what my car shows me and what my account show me seems different.

mtndrew1

May 12, 2015
Gardena, CA
I have a 2018 3 and I paid $5,000 for EAP at time of purchase. If memory serves the post-delivery price was $6,000. FSD was another $3,000.

So I *think* you can buy EAP for $6,000 to restore the previous functionality but with Tesla’s creative communication who the hell knows.

BTW all Teslas have an “autopilot” menu whether or not the system was purchased.

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
I got my Long Range RWD car October 2018. We had EAP for sure, since we had Navigate on autopilot and Auto Steer as well as Summon.
If you had it and did not pay for it this was an accident. I got my car in August of 2018. I paid 7k for EAP a couple months later.

Your bill of sale will list if you paid for EAP or not. I think you will now have the option of buying Autopilot (not EAP) and FSD.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC