Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Finally Caught on I guess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of the lucky people who picked up their model 3 and had EAP enabled for some reason. It basically worked flawlessly even through updates till last week.

Now the option has disappeared.

I foolishly thought that since now all cars come with EAP standard we would be able to keep it, but i guess not.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone know if you can still purchase EAP?

For those asking, summon disappeared from our app as well.

I got my Long Range RWD car October 2018. We had EAP for sure, since we had Navigate on autopilot and Auto Steer as well as Summon.

Did you PAY for EAP?

If you didn’t pay for it and took delivery before 1/1/19 then your autopilot functionality was in error and it looks like they’ve corrected it. There were no standard non-safety autopilot features in 2018 models.

Reactions: gecko10x
All cars do NOT come with EAP currently. They come with AP which is defined as "Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane."

You cannot buy EAP anymore.

That is what I was looking for, my car currently says AutoPilot in the menu, and has the options there. What i dont see the icon anymore for auto steer, or the option to select how many car distances to maintain.

This is what im trying to figure out, in my car it says autopilot and has option (my friends car use to say purchase now). I thought autopilot was $3k and FSD ws $6k at the time of purchasing. But now cars come with Autopilot and the only option is FSD.
Yes which is why you need to log into your tesla account and look under software upgrades. It will show what you can purchase and how much. I would buy FSD because its EAP plus future features.

I have a 2018 3 and I paid $5,000 for EAP at time of purchase. If memory serves the post-delivery price was $6,000. FSD was another $3,000.

So I *think* you can buy EAP for $6,000 to restore the previous functionality but with Tesla’s creative communication who the hell knows.

BTW all Teslas have an “autopilot” menu whether or not the system was purchased.

I got my Long Range RWD car October 2018. We had EAP for sure, since we had Navigate on autopilot and Auto Steer as well as Summon.
If you had it and did not pay for it this was an accident. I got my car in August of 2018. I paid 7k for EAP a couple months later.

Your bill of sale will list if you paid for EAP or not. I think you will now have the option of buying Autopilot (not EAP) and FSD.