Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Finally Caught on I guess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am reaching out to tesla because what my car shows me and what my account show me seems different.
It only matters what it shows online, forget what the car shows because that can be changed just like you saw with EAP being taken away. You arent going to get AP for free regardless that new cars today get it for free. If you check your online account it will show what you can purchase. Talking to Tesla isnt going to help trust me.

If you had it and did not pay for it this was an accident. I got my car in August of 2018. I paid 7k for EAP a couple months later. I don't feel bad for you having free software for a year.

You should read my posts, well aware it was a mistake. Don't think anyone asked you for your sympathy or for what you did or did not pay for. But thank you for such amazing input.

It only matters what it shows online, forget what the car shows because that can be changed just like you saw with EAP being taken away. You arent going to get AP for free regardless that new cars today get it for free. If you check your online account it will show what you can purchase. Talking to Tesla isnt going to help trust me.

Well I just got off the phone with tesla, all is sorted. They were super helpful wife confirmed that Summon is now back in the app and she will try Nav on Autopilot.

XBaTs7P.png

Thanks for everyone help.

Well I just got off the phone with tesla, all is sorted. They were super helpful wife confirmed that Summon is now back in the app and she will try Nav on Autopilot.

XBaTs7P.png

Thanks for everyone help.

So you had bought the features in 2018 with the car?

Also how on earth did you get someone from Tesla on the phone?! I can’t even reach them via carrier pigeon.

@agarabaghi , so you have a LR RWD Model 3 bought last year. Did you pay for EAP or AP back then (I know Telsa split it off some time ago from EAP and was charging for AP until it later became standard)? You never really said exactly what was on your MVPA and subsequently showing on your Account Manage details for Options. Some additional info from you would have been helpful for all the people who took the time to respond to your post instead of them having to guess what you might have.

Glad to hear though that your issue whatever it was was resolved.

lol. I'm impressed at how many people had trouble understanding the original message: OP ordered a no-EAP no-FSD car, and had EAP accidentally activated from time of purchase up until now. The question was, now that they've taken EAP functionality away, can he pay for, and add EAP back. The general consensus is that you cannot do that (I bought an EAP-free car that had nothing activated, and eventually paid for AP when it went on sale). Your current options would be to pay for AP to get lane keep/TACC, or AP and FSD to enable summon and NoA etc... but somehow by the magic of your wife's phone call, she's convinced someone to give you EAP back (or has been secretly charged for AP and FSD). Hope that clarifies things for everyone?

• Funny
Reactions: nvx1977
lol. I'm impressed at how many people had trouble understanding the original message: OP ordered a no-EAP no-FSD car, and had EAP accidentally activated from time of purchase up until now. The question was, now that they've taken EAP functionality away, can he pay for, and add EAP back. The general consensus is that you cannot do that (I bought an EAP-free car that had nothing activated, and eventually paid for AP when it went on sale). Your current options would be to pay for AP to get lane keep/TACC, or AP and FSD to enable summon and NoA etc... but somehow by the magic of your wife's phone call, she's convinced someone to give you EAP back (or has been secretly charged for AP and FSD). Hope that clarifies things for everyone?
Good and accurate TL;DR