Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Finance with Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping there will be Tesla Financing available with the release of Model 3 in 2017 or 2018

I am using half the cost of a current fully loaded Model S 70D ($165,000) as a base costing for my Model 3 with a few options added ($80-90,000 max) using Tesla Finance

30% deposit - up to $30,000

3 years Monthly repayments - around $850 pm

Balloon Payment in 2020 or 2021 - around $38,000

My Model 3 specs
* Largest available battery pack
* Supercharging enabled
* Autopilot Enabled (if available)
* Premium Sound
* Dual Motor (if pricing permits and availability)

All other items I can do without such as leather seats, sunroof, optional alloys or low profile tyres

This option would allow me to be behind the wheel of a Tesla sooner than having to save up and pay the full purchase price up front

I am hoping there will be Tesla Financing available with the release of Model 3 in 2017 or 2018

I am using half the cost of a current fully loaded Model S 70D ($165,000) as a base costing for my Model 3 with a few options added ($80-90,000 max) using Tesla Finance

30% deposit - up to $30,000

3 years Monthly repayments - around $850 pm

Balloon Payment in 2020 or 2021 - around $38,000

My Model 3 specs
* Largest available battery pack
* Supercharging enabled
* Autopilot Enabled (if available)
* Premium Sound
* Dual Motor (if pricing permits and availability)

All other items I can do without such as leather seats, sunroof, optional alloys or low profile tyres

This option would allow me to be behind the wheel of a Tesla sooner than having to save up and pay the full purchase price up front
Most automotive financiers will do a lease or loan on a tesla. You wont need to rely on tesla finance.

Yes, but will they be able to match the 4.75% interest rate currently offered.

That is very close to home mortgage interest rates.

This will be new territory for me as I have paid cash on all my new car purchases since the late 1980's

2 quick questions;
1. Do you own property?
2. Do you use the car for business purposes?

If the answer to #1 is yes then you are probably better off securing a loan against property than going through leasing. Current interest rates are below 4.5% and the car is unencumbered.
If the answer to #2 is yes then you are probably better off getting an interest only loan over 5 years (max time) to buy the car and claiming interest and depreciation. When you get your tax cheque back you can either pay down the interest only loan or put the money aside somewhere else so that when the time comes to sell the car you have the cash ready. You need to declare any income from it if you do the latter.

When you are tired of the car you can sell it at any time and repay the loan. If you like the idea of paying for the car as you go, then in scenario #2 pay the interest back and put aside $x per month into a term deposit - or the offset.

Personally, I'd rather keep the money that the leasing company make as margin myself.

Mark

I thought there was a law against getting an interest only loan on cars? For example the largest ballon one can now get is 40% (suits me okay as I wouldn't go beyond this anyhow).

I have a lease (or whatever it is called now done via my business) with BMW (managed to get 4.15% due to being a preferred customer) over a 5 year term and a 40% ballon at completion. Put in quite a few dollars upfront and the beauty of the BMW loan is you can pay it out at any point with no penalties....so basically when the accountant tells me it is best to move the car on and the payout equals the current market value (and gaining most of the initial in dollars) I then turn it over.

Obviously I also tax deduct the interest, GST and depreciation at my business use percentage.

The car is 90% business use, a log book is kept for the first 3 months of ownership.

I've done this on all my business use cars for as long as I can remember.

-ECIT

Mark

I thought there was a law against getting an interest only loan on cars? For example the largest ballon one can now get is 40% (suits me okay as I wouldn't go beyond this anyhow).

I have a lease (or whatever it is called now done via my business) with BMW (managed to get 4.15% due to being a preferred customer) over a 5 year term and a 40% ballon at completion. Put in quite a few dollars upfront and the beauty of the BMW loan is you can pay it out at any point with no penalties....so basically when the accountant tells me it is best to move the car on and the payout equals the current market value (and gaining most of the initial in dollars) I then turn it over.

Obviously I also tax deduct the interest, GST and depreciation at my business use percentage.

The car is 90% business use, a log book is kept for the first 3 months of ownership.

I've done this on all my business use cars for as long as I can remember.

-ECIT

The loan is secured against property for business purposes so it can be for anything. You just need to have the equity. The balloon payment is a financial construct designed to keep your principle repayments down - that's all. I only finance up to the LCT limit as that's all you can claim - cash for the balance.

Hmm, ok...but you can claim the whole interest component not just up to the LCT... personally one can do better using their money invested and claiming the interest rather than paying a heap of cash out. I usually put in 20% and no more, just didn't stack up when I have a car that is 90% business use and interests on the totally amount is claimable.

-ECIT

Hmm, ok...but you can claim the whole interest component not just up to the LCT... personally one can do better using their money invested and claiming the interest rather than paying a heap of cash out. I usually put in 20% and no more, just didn't stack up when I have a car that is 90% business use and interests on the totally amount is claimable.

-ECIT
Interesting - I was advised that the LCT limit was as much as could be claimed.

or half of everything. I guess the remnants could go toward a model 3.

Worst case doesn't look to bad ($120), best case is blue sky (beyond $280)

Attachments

• TC.JPG
    TC.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 65