Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla financing better interest rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla got me a much better interest rate than USAA, a whole third lower, in spite of the fact that I fully paid off my previous car through USAA without issue. They also gave me a better trade in value than Carmax, for a car that had its passenger door backed into and replaced with factory parts, but otherwise like new. Have to say its been a good buying experience.

The whole credit system is broken anyway. Your possible example is testament to just how cut and dry it is. One little error and your out of the game.

Actually, I found out by my CU I'm at 820 - so I have no idea how he got the 3.19 rate. Good job to him. I'll probably still finance through my CU at 3.29 and then if I can sort things out w/ Allegacy switch over before I hit 5000 miles. I'm looking at 72 months, though - not 66 (already putting a sizable down payment).

Actually, I found out by my CU I'm at 820 - so I have no idea how he got the 3.19 rate. Good job to him. I'll probably still finance through my CU at 3.29 and then if I can sort things out w/ Allegacy switch over before I hit 5000 miles. I'm looking at 72 months, though - not 66 (already putting a sizable down payment).

My loan through Tesla actually lists Chase as the bank, 72 month loan. I do have a history using Chase credit cards with increasing high limits so I suspect that is definitely a factor in my case.