Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fire in Shanghai

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was reported on the news that something was fishy with this fire as the fixed camera moved as the vehicle began to catch fire as if someone was anticipating the event.
That's a really good point and I didn't notice that until I looked full screen at the video. However, I would say that it is a legitimate video. The camera appears not to have moved. Look closely and you will see it appears that someone is taking a video on a computer screen or on a video monitor. That camera moved. Not the one taking the original video.

Oh and we all know never to trust the media opinion on anything :D

Last edited:
Reactions: cwmagui and Scott7
It wouldn't surprise me to know that someone deliberately place an explosive device under it. Many people want Tesla to fail.
The video looks a little suspicious also; it appears to be an underground surveillance camera but it moves slightly to focus in on the Tesla just before it smokes violently and goes up in flames, like someone is holding it.

I know someone whose house almost burnt down a couple of years ago. Their brand new Fiat caught fire after parking it in the carport and luckily their child who was in the basement smelled the smoke and they ran down, put a garden hose on it until the firetruck came and put it out.

Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.3 million vehicles over fire risk and wiring problems

I get your point, but it is still news. Don't you want to know why this particular Tesla caught fire? You don't always have default to "protect the brand" on here. I think there is something valuable to learn from this fire after the research is done.
So why not post other car fires from other manufacturers? I also have a Ford fusion energi so it has nothing to do with protecting a brand. There are about a billion threads that mention Tesla fires. Why not search and post in one of those. Also might be better to post after they find the cause to determine if it's legit

Reactions: cwmagui
The video looks a little suspicious also; it appears to be an underground surveillance camera but it moves slightly to focus in on the Tesla just before it smokes violently and goes up in flames said:
Did you see my comment above. Video does not look suspicious to me. Look at the lower right corner of the video as soon as it starts. It is clear that someone seem to be "taking a video of a video" on a monitor. It's that camera which moves and focuses on the Tesla. So you are right someone is holding a camera and it moves. But it is not the original garage camera.

Can someone source the entire video?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190422-093615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190422-093615_Chrome.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 102