Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Flaw Correction Procedure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untrue as I just returned from getting my loaner Model S and got a copy of the due bill.

The service guy handling this case told me I can also go to the body shop once it arrives and show them all the defects so they can properly document it and fix all of them instead of taking the word of my delivery guy when he noted them down initially.
Having not yet picked up a Tesla, I'm uncertain of the titles you used. I've been communicating with a Service Adviser from the Tesla Showroom, but suspect that I will shortly be handed off to an adviser from the Carlsbad Delivery Center. Was it your SA that said you can get defects documented at an authorized Tesla body shop?

I am going through this right now.

During delivery on Saturday (Dublin) the delivery guy stated that "everything you find wrong during your inspection should be reported in the app", I have 24 hours / 100 miles do to so.

Let's see how they handle this small cut on my steering wheel I reported about 2 hours/40 miles after delivery, already have a service request in and they have asked for pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 49
I am going through this right now.

During delivery on Saturday (Dublin) the delivery guy stated that "everything you find wrong during your inspection should be reported in the app", I have 24 hours / 100 miles do to so.

Let's see how they handle this small cut on my steering wheel I reported about 2 hours/40 miles after delivery, already have a service request in and they have asked for pictures.
Let's see indeed. Personally, I could live with it. I won't hold Tesla to a higher standard than any other automobile manufacturer.

Just take your time during the delivery. Plan to spend 45 minutes inspecting the car. It’s best to point things out before you take delivery. Some delivery centers are good about repairing things you find after you drive it home but others are not so accommodating. They are not consistent with how they handle post delivery issues.

The service guy handling this case told me I can also go to the body shop once it arrives and show them all the defects so they can properly document it and fix all of them instead of taking the word of my delivery guy when he noted them down initially.

That's good to hear. The only Tesla approved body shop in my area wouldn't fix anything for me that wasn't on my Due Bill. They told me they won't fix anything they won't get paid for. I had to forward them about a dozen emails between me and [email protected] to get everything fixed. Glad to hear your service guy is taking care of you.

That's good to hear. The only Tesla approved body shop in my area wouldn't fix anything for me that wasn't on my Due Bill. They told me they won't fix anything they won't get paid for. I had to forward them about a dozen emails between me and [email protected] to get everything fixed. Glad to hear your service guy is taking care of you.

Well that was what I was "told". Who knows what will happen once my car is ready for repair. They could do a 360 on me just like with your situation.

I hope not though.

Sucks for your situation though.