TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Floor Mats - For Sale

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by astrotoy, Sep 20, 2013.

1. astrotoy

astrotoy Supporting Member

Hi, When I got my Model S back in February, I bought a set of Lloyd Ultra Floor mats with a lifetime guarantee. A couple of months ago when I was having the car serviced in Fremont, my service advisor told me that he had given me a set of the Tesla mats (black of course) front and back which are the carpet kind - like my Lloyds - a bit thinner than the Lloyds. I have never opened up the package - sealed in clear plastic. Does anyone want them? I will sell them for half of whatever the going price is. Pick up will be easiest in the SF Bay Area. I don't see the mats on Tesla website, only the all weather ones. If no one wants them, any ideas of how to use them? - I guess I could put them in the frunk.

Thanks.

2. wormhole

wormhole Banned

Uh, they are free to everyone, why would an MS owner buy them :)

3. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

The free mats are not the same quality.

4. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I have the original free mats, the Lloyds mats, and "new" free mats (improved)..
    The Lloyds are a bit better.. but the free ones are, you know..free

5. astrotoy

Looks like everyone who has a Model S has gotten a free set of the improved mats. If so, any ideas on what to do with them. If not, they go to Goodwill. Since my Lloyds are better and they have a lifetime free replacement warranty, I don't think I will ever use the Tesla mats. They are a little odd shaped for welcome mats to the house. Thanks.

6. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

Err, give them back to the Service Center for the next owner?

7. jacobp

jacobp Member

What color are they?

8. astrotoy

Black, do the Tesla mats come in any other color?

9. RodF

RodF Member

I actually used mine in the trunk. The 3 pieces fit nicely, the rear mat goes right over the compartment door and makes for easy access to the compartment.

10. ddruz

ddruz Member

I have the Lloyds mats and the free Tesla mats. I use the Tesla mats when I'm going someplace where shoes might get extra dirty or muddy. I really like the option of a set of 'dirty' mats.

11. astrotoy

I got a PM from someone who would like them, just to use as a second set for the winter. Fortunately, we don't have winter in CA. :)