Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla floor mats vs third party

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
Does the Tuxmat have a lateral lip on the left side of the driver's left foot rest? That is the only lip missing on the Maxpiders, it allows the wet left side of my left shoe sole to touch the carpet. Big lip everywhere else.

@laservet I'm not sure if you saw the post that @Midnightsun linked a few replies back or not, but they show several images of the Tuxmats installed and I think they provide about the most coverage that's even theoretically possible.

For example, here are two of the images Midnightsun posted, for your reference:

Driver's side: Tesla - Midnightsun
Passenger side: Tesla - Midnightsun

I mean, it doesn't get much more covered than that....

EDIT: looks like I was typing at the same time as midnight, lol.

Gigaron

Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Usually I am pretty happy with WeatherTech, but their MY mats, while much better fitting than their competitors, are not high enough on the footwell for me. See photos comparing them to the Tasmanian mats and you can see the the Tesmanians are 4-5" taller. My issue with the Tesmanian mats is that they are thinner and the driver's side has gaps on the sides which I cannot get rid of even with a hairdryer.

Attachments

• IMG_3621.JPG
    IMG_3621.JPG
    563.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3620.JPG
    IMG_3620.JPG
    694 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: srlawren

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC