Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla floor mats vs third party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Tuxmat have a lateral lip on the left side of the driver's left foot rest? That is the only lip missing on the Maxpiders, it allows the wet left side of my left shoe sole to touch the carpet. Big lip everywhere else.

@laservet I'm not sure if you saw the post that @Midnightsun linked a few replies back or not, but they show several images of the Tuxmats installed and I think they provide about the most coverage that's even theoretically possible.

For example, here are two of the images Midnightsun posted, for your reference:

Driver's side: Tesla - Midnightsun
Passenger side: Tesla - Midnightsun

I mean, it doesn't get much more covered than that....

EDIT: looks like I was typing at the same time as midnight, lol.

Usually I am pretty happy with WeatherTech, but their MY mats, while much better fitting than their competitors, are not high enough on the footwell for me. See photos comparing them to the Tasmanian mats and you can see the the Tesmanians are 4-5" taller. My issue with the Tesmanian mats is that they are thinner and the driver's side has gaps on the sides which I cannot get rid of even with a hairdryer.

Attachments

• IMG_3621.JPG
    IMG_3621.JPG
    563.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3620.JPG
    IMG_3620.JPG
    694 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I just unboxed a set of LDCRS mats. I wanted no logo & a smooth finish. They are without logo but have a slight texture. I can’t comment on the fit as my “my” is not yet here.
I have tried every way possible to contact LDCRS with no success including an email asking for a phone call.
Nothing….

Everyone will have there own opinion and mine is Tuxmat, no comparison to the others if you are looking for absolute winter protection and great looks. That being said I have had Weathertechs, 3d Maxpiders and quite a few others over the years.

Bottom line is there seems to be 3 out there. Weathertech, max 3d Maxpider and Tuxmat that are worth considering. Most others are based on copies of 3D Maxpider, with or without logos and are good candidates also. The official Tesla winters seem to be made of a similar material as Weathertech. Tuxmat however seems to be on it's own when it comes to material and coverage which far surpasses all the others IMHO.

The image below is a Tuxmat. The two areas circled in green are not solid, they turn. Does water leak through these areas? In the winter we have lots of wet slush, the drivers side floor mat will get a lot of water in it, I am looking for a floor mat that can hold water like a tub. I really like the high sides on the Tuxmat and I want to use them but, I don't see how water won't leak through the areas circled in green below. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?
mat.jpg

The image below is a Tuxmat. The two areas circled in green are not solid, they turn...

Interesting. I purchased a Tuxmat set this year for a 2021 pre-refresh Model X 5-seater. Driver's side mat has only one hole (with underlying retention-clip and cap) kind of in the middle. It is my only complaint, since due to the location my foot sometimes dislodges the cap. Did they change the design for all Tesla models, or is the two-cap version just specific to whatever model you have?

Regardless, the cap(s) and retention-clip body(ies) which fit snugly in the hole(s) should keep most casual liquid/spills from reaching the carpet underneath, but may not be 100% waterproof from really deep pools of standing liquid. (Not sure, as we don't usually get snow/ice.) As I said, I occasionally knock the cap loose. You could probably seal the cap(s) with silicone adhesive or something. But maybe a solid rubber mat with high sides would be better for you?