TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla FOB

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Mknac, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Mknac

Mknac Member

Delivery day is in two weeks.

Can you attach your keys to the Model S FOB?

If not do I need a FOB cover and if so any recommendations?

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

Fobs have a small hole/loop to attach to a key ring. You don't actually need a fob cover, but many of us like them and enjoy the protection and added functionality.

• Like x 1
  3. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Abstract Ocean makes a very fine leather FOB cover. Beware of the so called "new" Tesla silicone FOB holder that you may get with the car. It recently ripped off of its ring and I lost my FOB. Sigh... The replacement FOB is back in the trusty AO Leather holder now.

• Like x 1
  4. SoccerMan94043

I quite like the new silicon fob holders. There is a pic of them somewhere on the boards.

• Like x 1
  5. Mknac

Mknac Member

Thx everyone

6. Moneesh

Moneesh Member

I too have the new FOB holders with the key ring. I was told at delivery, if it ever rips off, they will replace it an no charge. Something tells me they're going to be replacing a lot of these based upon the design.

7. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

If you are going to use the Tesla silicone FOB holder, then pay close attention to the part of it that the black metal ring goes through. It was that part that gave way and apparently ripped on mine. It is an interesting design. My FOB never popped out of the silicone. However the attachment area could be its weak link. So keep an eye on it.

8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Nothing directly Tesla to add, but the word is _fob_. It's a thing, not an acronym or abbreviation.

• Informative x 1
  9. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Thank you. I always smile when I see people using FOB like it is some acronym.