TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla for Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Teriyaki88, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Teriyaki88

Teriyaki88 Member

A crazy idea for a fundraiser :)

My daughter lead a team at this weekend's American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in Scripps Ranch (San Diego). A group of freshmen girls raised over $2,000 this weekend by walking 24 hours. And since I was there anyway, I decided to pitch in by giving test rides and test drives. This wasn't well advertised but I was able to generate additional $140 with little effort. That's $140 extra for a great cause.

Someone thought this is a great idea and I should make a magnet sign and do this year around! Hmmmm

IMG_0760.jpg

2. cfOH

cfOH Member

I don't think I could let just anybody with $20 drive my car, Tesla or not. :)

3. Teriyaki88

Teriyaki88 Member

Dang! Maybe I should have charged more :)

4. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I definitely would have raised prices to $50 and $100 - it's for charity, after all! :)

5. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

This is a great idea - give more people a chance to try driving electric AND raise money for charity. But before doing it, it is worth taking a look at your insurance policy just in case. The driver's insurance should (!) cover an accident they get in to; but in case it doesn't or they don't have any, you will want yours. If it is clear the money is going to the charity (i.e. the money is actually given to the charity, and you are just nearby giving rides) you are probably fine. But some policies are written so that if money is exchanged for a ride - even if you plan on giving that money to charity - it is considered commercial use and they won't cover it.