Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla for Rent in Canberra - cost now known

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waiting for a while for a Tesla to pop up for rent as even the Supercar rental companies don't have one. There's an Uber I think and hire cars but no "dry" rental until now.

Only available form Thrifty in Canberra strangely but I guess it's the Tax incentive. I'm hoping they bring one to Melbs :).

Anyway they stated November availabilty and I've been stalking their site ever since. Finally I got it to work with a test date so I could see the price. There's some special conditions on it too (in a pdf from the site).

$1000 deposit, $5000 excess.

$424.15 PER DAY
Base Rate

$428.39 TOTAL ESTIMATE
Includes fees and taxes
Standard (XDAE)
Tesla - S75

5 Door
Automatic
ANCAP Rating: 5
Green Star Rating: 5

yeslarental.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: LGGD
I've been waiting for a while for a Tesla to pop up for rent as even the Supercar rental companies don't have one. There's an Uber I think and hire cars but no "dry" rental until now.

Only available form Thrifty in Canberra strangely but I guess it's the Tax incentive. I'm hoping they bring one to Melbs :).

Anyway they stated November availabilty and I've been stalking their site ever since. Finally I got it to work with a test date so I could see the price. There's some special conditions on it too (in a pdf from the site).

$1000 deposit, $5000 excess.

$424.15 PER DAY
Base Rate

$428.39 TOTAL ESTIMATE
Includes fees and taxes
Standard (XDAE)
Tesla - S75

5 Door
Automatic
ANCAP Rating: 5
Green Star Rating: 5

View attachment 202267
What about eveeh.com.au?

If you book a Tesla, wonder if you actually will get a Tesla. Have noted that rental companies will often substitute another car in place of the one you have booked. Plus the text in the above says "Vehicle types and features displayed are provided as a guide only".

In my experience, though admittedly I've never rented with Thrifty, if you book a "premium" car through Hertz or Avis - such as a BMW, for example - you always get the car you've booked. It's not the same as booking a "Category x" car where several different models fit into the category and you could receive any one of those.

Has anyone used this service yet? It's still hard to figure out by using the website when it's available. I assume they purchased it in ACT for the tax benefits but they've only got a small market to rent to there. In Melbourne or Sydney I assume there would be more people able to rent as it's a pricey rental.

Imagine if they substituted for a Mercedes C class or similar. Never seem to get the car listed when I book a rental car. Worse one was when I booked a RAV4 thinking I would be able to go off road and ended up with a Skoda Superb...

Imagine if they substituted for a Mercedes C class or similar. Never seem to get the car listed when I book a rental car. Worse one was when I booked a RAV4 thinking I would be able to go off road and ended up with a Skoda Superb...

I've heard Skoda's get you off road faster :) (bad brakes - old joke). Checked out eveeh.com.au too, $599 for the day rental, Sydney or Melbourne. Glad to see there's more options now.

I'm surprised no one is offering Wedding car rentals with Tesla's. Maybe they're not classic or unique enough for people other than us EV fans. The X might change that with it's wings.