TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla for sale guidelines?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by vfx, Apr 17, 2009.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

We should have some sort of *sticky* detail form to fill out to list a car here.

2. Stewart W

Stewart W Member

#2 Stewart W, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
    I would like to see a for sale section similar to Lotustalk..it works quite well. The car for sale sections ( lotus and NON lotus)are just that...and not open to discussion.In fact, if discussion opens , the mod will either move the thread to general discussion or lock it down.If you visit the forum you will see the comments "no discussion"..
    If believe the forum will generate more visitors if the "for sale" posts are sheltered from outside opinions . This will generate more interest as potential buyers are only interested in the car listing ....my .02
    Mentioning ebay listings and other car findings should be in general discussion section..
    By the way, I agree that certain basic stats should be included as per your recommendation.

For Sale
    Vin
    Mileage
    Options
    Price
    Pics...
    Contact info..

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

We're still thinking about how formal we want to make it. I'm not sure I want to make a no discussion rule quite yet. Seems to me the reason they have it on Lotus talk is to quell rude arguments over pricing. We don't quite have those kinds of problems here... as of yet anyhow.