TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla for sale in Indonesia

Discussion in 'News' started by ErnstT, Feb 13, 2015.

1. ErnstT

ErnstT Active Member

2. Kofi

Kofi Member

Good read ErnstT. It looks like Prestige is committed to the Model S. Hopefully their government incentivizes importing soon.

3. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

during my last trip to surabaya I thought about how the model s would cope with Indonesia. electric reliability can be kinda spotty but man... EVs would for sure help out the air quality.

4. Kofi

Kofi Member

Air quality improvement should be Tesla's initiative in Southeast Asia. Their growing middle-class would appreciate.

5. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

The Model S is way way too big for most of Asia....the Model 3 on the other hand.... Also both are too expensive for families in most countries.

6. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Is this ok for Tesla? Dealerships selling their car and taking an extra profit and won't be able to get the great customer service that Tesla wants everyone to feel?
    Go to Indonesia and the arab countries Tesla! Have heard a lot of arabs that want to go green they don't only have oil they have a lot of sun too.

7. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

thats exactly what i came to realize while being carted around the streets of surabaya. no way in hell i would want to pilot a model s there.

shortly after i saw this on the street. :D
    15401628715_3ce43317bb_b.jpg IMG_6662 by jeremy!, on Flickr

but then i started thinking about bringing an electric motorcycle with me next trip... then i remembered how much those cost.

8. Beckler

Beckler Member

Have you looked at Zero Motorcycles? The FX for instance has an interesting starting price.

9. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

thats exactly what i was reading about right before taking the above photo.
    after that trip we were lucky enough to be invited to the tesla D revel event. at the event i was able to chat up the hawthorn police that were on duty about their electric motorcycles.

Enertia Plus LE