Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fremont Factory Flyover | February 21 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say not a good sign, if they were cranking them out the lot should be full and should be a lot of invites going out. Lack of invites and empty lot = :(
There's another lot in back by the tracks on the other side of the factory. This video doesn't show that. During my recent visits (by car, not drone), that lot had all the major activity, and the above video'd lot was quiet. Since driving to the back lot has some ... problems, drone is a better way to check it.

The parking lots act as a buffer. How full it appears depends on Production from the factory, as well as deliveries leaving the factory. Previously, one of the issues folks were guessing was regarding - transportation and logistics of deliveries leaving Fremont. If this has been improved, then parking lot can appear empty, even though more M3's are being produced.
~ cheers!!

Reactions: Ulmo
I would say not a good sign, if they were cranking them out the lot should be full and should be a lot of invites going out. Lack of invites and empty lot = :(
A bunch of them got moved here?

c8rm7nxm7uh01.jpg

Reactions: pakman00
The North lot is mostly S/X
Today I went to the Fremont Delivery Center (FDC) and the Fremont Factory (FF), and the FDC’s S3X mix and the FF’s “North Lot” have s similar mix of S, 3, and X. I consider the “North” logistics yard to be more representative of Tesla’s business than the lot to the South of Fisher. But what I’d really prefer from flyovers are all three lots (which so far, no one has done). Either way, there is a limit to how much knowing their business is good for the company, so my wishes are duely tempered by that. (For instance, I didn’t photograph either location today, regardless of effect, despite the photoworthy lot podium woman at the FDC.)

Edit: As if to prove my point, the South of Fisher lot had one Model 3 and about a dozen Model SX in one of two clumps. There was another clump of about a dozen Tesla, and in it I saw X, 3 & S. Your distinction is therefore overapplied and false for generalizations. There are more Model 3’s today in the “North lot” than there are of ANY kind of car in the South of Fisher lot.

Last edited:
Today I went to the Fremont Delivery Center (FDC) and the Fremont Factory (FF), and the FDC’s S3X mix and the FF’s “North Lot” have s similar mix of S, 3, and X. I consider the “North” logistics yard to be more representative of Tesla’s business than the lot to the South of Fisher. But what I’d really prefer from flyovers are all three lots (which so far, no one has done). Either way, there is a limit to how much knowing their business is good for the company, so my wishes are duely tempered by that. (For instance, I didn’t photograph either location today, regardless of effect, despite the photoworthy lot podium woman at the FDC.)

Edit: As if to prove my point, the South of Fisher lot had one Model 3 and about a dozen Model SX in one of two clumps. There was another clump of about a dozen Tesla, and in it I saw X, 3 & S. Your distinction is therefore overapplied and false for generalizations. There are more Model 3’s today in the “North lot” than there are of ANY kind of car in the South of Fisher lot.
I am just stating what I saw two weeks ago. Tesla of course can change whenever they like

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
As I am a civil engineer the only I could think of watching that video was that someone really messed up the lighting layout of the parking lot! o_O Tesla probably changed the stripping layout under construction. If not I know of a good engineering firm they could use. ;)