Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fremont Factory New Car Parking Lot ALL Cameras: 1/1/2020 @ 12:40 AM - Count the leftovers! ;)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(start at 0:50)

Greetings Fellow TSLA (and TSLAQ, too ;-)!

My New Year's gift to you'll is 6 minutes each of the Tesla front, left repeater, right repeater, and back cameras of the ENTIRE Tesla Fremont Factory New Car Staging Parking Lot that was used to buffer ALL the cars delivered en masse to new owners on 12/31/2019. This lot was full when I arrived @ 7:30 pm. These are the LEFTOVER (non-Q4) vehicles at 12:40 AM on 1/1.

Enjoy counting them! Please post your count below (or in the YouTube comments and I will pin it).

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel so I can get to 1,000+ subs and do YouTube live streams. I had to use Twitch (teslaruss) last night at the factory in between volunteering to help deliver cars. Thanks! :)

I also took a factory tour under NDA as usual. I think it's public knowledge that the Model 3 line was running all day & night up until at least 12:00 am. I met a gentleman patiently waiting for his Model 3 at ~9 pm who showed me a screengrab of the status of his car: "In Production". ;-) One of my Twitch (teslaruss) videos is a walk to the south end of the factory where the new cars come out. I saw mostly new Model 3's and a Model X drive out and go to this Staging Parking Lot.

I was at the Fremont Delivery Center volunteering to show people how to pair their phones from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. When I left, they told me only about 25 cars remained to deliver there, so I assume all those people got them.

I predict TSLA will close 2020 at $543.83 which is +30% above 2019 close. It will be fun to read everyone's predictions here or in the YouTube video comments. (As long as we close higher at end of 2020, I will be a happy camper, since I did a 401k-to-Roth IRA conversion during 2019 [triggers ordinary income taxes here in the U.S. Anything you sell in a Roth after 59 1/2 years old+ is tax-free!])

Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year and New Decade to All TSLA and TSLAQ's, and my friends in the Tesla Silicon Valley Owners' Club! (There were at least 5 of us volunteering up until midnight at the factory, including Paul and Casey, and a lady whose name I do not recall at this late PST hour.)

Russ :cool:

PS. I also have a driveby video of the Outboard Logistics Lot I will add after I get some sleep!

One of these could be my car. I was told twice to wait for the text message before coming to pick it up yesterday. We were just waiting for the whole day because they requested people to arrive at the Tesla Factory within 90 minutes of receiving that text... But the text never came... haha Now the tax credit has expired and still no updates from them yet... A waste of time and money! Terrible car buying experience. They have one more unsatisfied customer.

Hi @tjnetjr

In the past, they have credited the tax credit for customers who did not receive delivery through no fault of their own. In this case, it would be $1,875 off the MSRP for goodwill. Somebody will (or many probably have) already tweeted @elonmusk about this. The last time this occurred, as I recall he tweeted back yes we will and then gave the order.

If you still want your car with the credit from Tesla (upfront) instead of the IRS (4/15/2020), what I would do is call the MANAGER of your local delivery center when they re-open on Jan 2 and discuss the situation. Also, it doesn't hurt to tweet Elon about it. I saw over 100 people in the same boat who did not get delivery in 2019 at the Fremont Factory alone last night. They were still delivering all those cars when I left around 12:45 am, but alll were legally delivered after 2019-12-31-0000.

Russ

One of these could be my car. I was told twice to wait for the text message before coming to pick it up yesterday. We were just waiting for the whole day because they requested people to arrive at the Tesla Factory within 90 minutes of receiving that text... But the text never came... haha Now the tax credit has expired and still no updates from them yet... A waste of time and money! Terrible car buying experience. They have one more unsatisfied customer.

Reactions: n8leon