Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Friendly Dwellings near I-95 and I-90?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Not a homeowner yet and still living in apartments. Trying to find a new place right now that is EV friendly in the Waltham/Lexington area. Does anyone have any experience with apartments or rentals that are north of I-90 close to 128 that are EV friendly and have EVSEs within parking distance? I currently spend a lot of (maybe too much) time at the CHAdeMO chargers at the various Simon Malls in the area and would love a place that I could charge at night.

Thanks,
Chris

Bentley and Brandeis both have EV chargers. There are TONS of apartments near both schools. Have you taken a drive by either neighborhood?

Just be aware that the Bentley charger is not free. It's pretty cheap for the first three hours, but the rate jumps up to several dollars per hour, to discourage long-term parking. On the other hand, it is lightly used -- I have charged there several times when I have had a reason to be on campus and it has been in use only once when I was there, and that was when there was an EV-related event.

Can't speak for the Brandeis charger.