Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla friendly tire shops in Connecticut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a screw in my left rear tire and was wondering if anyone in the Fairfield, CT area has found any Tesla friendly tire shops nearby? Somewhere that knows how to lift Tesla’s correctly etc.

I got a quote for tire replacement at the Milford Service Centre which was $540, for one tire! Looking for somewhere local that will not be as expensive

Attachments

• 1EEDE05C-FA80-4E01-AFCE-23C2565D6D66.jpeg
    1EEDE05C-FA80-4E01-AFCE-23C2565D6D66.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 86
You should be able to find a shop that can patch that pretty easily. Yes, its .5" away from the "DOT Legal repair area" but it's not like anyone has ever heard of a patch that has failed in that area. Especially if they do it properly and patch it from the inside out.

A lot of people on reddit seem to like Discount Tire for getting punctures repaired in that tread area. Super common, you have a lot of life left in that tire. If it were in the sidewall, it would be a no-go, but it's well into the meat of the tire.

If you were closer to me, I patch these all the time.

Upvote 0
I had a similar experience back when I had a nail in my tire. Took my car to Town Fair Tire here in Western Ma, and they said I needed a new tire. They said that a patch wouldn’t hold because of the foam. Since they didn’t have a replacement tire in stock, they needed to order one for some ungodly price.

Since my car was drivable, I stopped at a local tire shop after leaving TFT and they assured me they could repair tires with foam. They were correct. So for $20 bucks I was able to keep my tire. That was some 20k miles ago.

Im not sure if these companies like TFT are just trying to take advantage of the situation or what, but one hears a number of similar stories.

Good luck.

Upvote 0