Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Front Center Console- Like/Dislike?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Complete dislike. Love my yacht floor...makes the car feels "airy" and much wider. AND it forces everyone to keep their crap to a bare minimum in my car. I've only added a tray under the screen and love being forced to restrict myself to that.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I much prefer the yacht floor of the previous car.

There is an aftermarket cup holder extender that was very useful for that configuration. Also a couple of metal mesh trays that fit perfectly into the yacht floor if a long road trip was in order.

I tried to get the current car delivered without the center console. Seems that wasn’t feasible either.

The console and the microfrunk are probably the two biggest negatives of the interior configurations of the current cars.

One wonders how optimized these challenges will get after the interior refresh. I’ve always liked Audi interiors. Looking forward to what the new guy will produce.

I much prefer the yacht floor of the previous car.

There is an aftermarket cup holder extender that was very useful for that configuration. Also a couple of metal mesh trays that fit perfectly into the yacht floor if a long road trip was in order.

I tried to get the current car delivered without the center console. Seems that wasn’t feasible either.

The console and the microfrunk are probably the two biggest negatives of the interior configurations of the current cars.

One wonders how optimized these challenges will get after the interior refresh. I’ve always liked Audi interiors. Looking forward to what the new guy will produce.
I just threw away all my old parts for the open console. But someone else may have them still who ordered the refresh console. You could have a wide open space after all.

I just threw away all my old parts for the open console. But someone else may have them still who ordered the refresh console. You could have a wide open space after all.

Much appreciated. My current plan is to get out of this AP2 car and back into an RWD AP1 car. It’s a whichever comes first thing - stop sign reaction for AP2 as we saw in the now year-old December 2016 video, or essentially buying back a clone of my first S.

If neither of those happen by the time my Model 3 AWD reservation (+ 6-month deferral) rolls around, then there’s always that option.

In a perfect world, AP2 gets close to what we were led to believe would be the case a year ago (actually over 3 years ago when stop sign reaction was first promised) *and* they hit the interior refresh out of the park (minifrunk instead of a microfrunk, option for yacht floor, in-car hotspot, HUD, side “mirror” cameras, 360-degree view, dashcam functionality standard... it’s a long list).

Somehow I suspect the latter will arrive before the former. Should be an interesting Q1-Q2 of 2018.

Wish i would had found this thread before I went out and bought mine as there seems to be a lot of folks that do not like it. I love mine, much better than the open flat floor as the stuff was just rolling around everywhere... While Tesla does not sell this any longer, i found them available in China and have it shipped in. Simple to install and works fabulous

Much appreciated. My current plan is to get out of this AP2 car and back into an RWD AP1 car. It’s a whichever comes first thing - stop sign reaction for AP2 as we saw in the now year-old December 2016 video, or essentially buying back a clone of my first S.

If neither of those happen by the time my Model 3 AWD reservation (+ 6-month deferral) rolls around, then there’s always that option.

In a perfect world, AP2 gets close to what we were led to believe would be the case a year ago (actually over 3 years ago when stop sign reaction was first promised) *and* they hit the interior refresh out of the park (minifrunk instead of a microfrunk, option for yacht floor, in-car hotspot, HUD, side “mirror” cameras, 360-degree view, dashcam functionality standard... it’s a long list).

Somehow I suspect the latter will arrive before the former. Should be an interesting Q1-Q2 of 2018.
Whoa, that is quite the plan. I will say I miss the full frunk as well.

I don't mind having a minimum of storage. I have a phone and a wallet. My wife has a purse and the kids some books. That's what I need and that is something I can fit in a S. My current car (Tesla arrives in 2 weeks) has LOADS of storage space. Space is smart and space is everywhere. So.... All the space is full. With all sorts of things that shouldn't be there anyway. And if I clean the car, a week later, it's full again. Once I cleaned the car, the backseat storage had 30(!!) books and 1 box full of toys.

I'm happy with fewer space :)

That said: The console is better than the empty space, but it's not well though thru. I have a S7 Edge. If I let it stand, it drops. But, I can put it down because it doesn't fit, so it gets stuck. I would rate it a 2/5.

I saw somewhere that a guy 3D printed an insert that was so simple. It was 2 fixed, padded, cup holders. Mounted together for an easy fix to make this console better. Rattling and losing things in between these painful inserts, is my main complaint. Trying to locate the file, has anyone seen this?

I have the Silicon insert:
51iOEMAF%2BOL._SL1001_.jpg

But thinking about getting the Tesla OEM Center Console.
Quite Pricy - Yes, but still would love to have some more storage, especially to not having all the things visible.

But I am also thinking "might take away some of the free feeling" that Tesla gives...

Havn't decided yet...

/Jocce