Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Frunk Noise Dampener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right back at you, its extra silly to guestimate an known improvement. And the fact is Tesla's already done this analysis and they deemed no need. And on the topic of damping, Musk has already stated that there is no gain from adding more, there's a cost/benefit analysis there.
The difference is that you are making a statement that it won’t work. I am saying that it may or may not. Tesla leaves out a lot to save money, so again, why assume that they analyzed data to determine not to add a liner?

Dude what is your deal? You prove that spending $80 nets a return, till then this is a waste of money.
I wasn’t trying to insult you or argue, so sorry if it came across that way. I am just stating my opinion - that we don’t know definitively either way. You could be right, but without testing it I don’t think it can be stated as fact that it won’t work at all. ✌️

I wasn’t trying to insult you or argue, so sorry if it came across that way. I am just stating my opinion - that we don’t know definitively either way. You could be right, but without testing it I don’t think it can be stated as fact that it won’t work at all. ✌️
Yea it can, Tesla deemed it not necessary to put a pad there. There is no engine there. You now must prove they are wrong and there is a gain to be found. You haven't so what's your basis for countering? None, just it "maybe" however that's not how engineering works.

Yea it can, Tesla deemed it not necessary to put a pad there. There is no engine there. You now must prove they are wrong and there is a gain to be found. You haven't so what's your basis for countering? None, just it "maybe" however that's not how engineering works.
You are the one stating this as fact, so the burden of proof isn’t on me. I have been clear that I am not sure. Yes, Tesla decided not to add it - that doesn’t mean that there is zero benefit. Neither of us know about the analysis that Tesla did on a frunk liner. And if there is no benefit and you are sure then are you saying that RPM Tesla is lying?

Reactions: 101dals
People are scared of closing their frunk for fear of warping the hood (I'm not one of them). I'd love to see their reaction to watching the install video. Much more torsion applied to the hood when installing this thing.
It really looks worse in his video. His video was funny because halfway through he realizes the technique was completely wrong. 😆 Was an easy install without any chance of warping anything. ;)