Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD 10.69.3.1 going to wide release now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It won’t move you to FSD beta if you are on the wrong software version. They stated their software version and it is past the version required for the current FSD beta. You have to wait for FSD v11 if that’s the case.
I am on software V2022.40.4.1 as reflected in my app, when I review my vehicle it states under the autopilot tab '...you have enrolled and are in the queue...'; however under the software tab (in the car) it reflects 'V11.0 (V2022.40.1)'. Took the MY out for a couple of spins today and no beta yet.

Looking at Teslafi, there isn’t any wide distribution of 10.69.3.1. Only existing beta testers are getting it. Those of us on the non FSD beta software are still only getting non FSD beta software.
Not true. I received 10.69.3.1 as my first FSD Beta build, and others have reported the same thing here in the forum. That build is 2022.36.20, so if you already have a newer build installed, you won’t get 36.20. I had 2022.20.9 before getting the Beta.

Not true. I received 10.69.3.1 as my first FSD Beta build, and others have reported the same thing here in the forum. That build is 2022.36.20, so if you already have a newer build installed, you won’t get 36.20. I had 2022.20.9 before getting the Beta.
If Elon is correct, anyone having purchased FSD & has the right hardware should be getting the latest FSD beta software, including those on the 2022.40.X.X path. That isn’t happening according to Teslafi.

Reactions: MrFusion4
If Elon is correct, anyone having purchased FSD & has the right hardware should be getting the latest FSD beta software, including those on the 2022.40.X.X path. That isn’t happening according to Teslafi.

Not actively. the owner has to request it. And it's very much possible that most people who purchased FSD don't follow Elon's every tweet to know that FSDb is now available without the need to jump through safety score hoops.

And it's been demonstrated for a while now (most of 2022) that if you're on a production build ahead of the FSDb build, you aren't getting pushed the FSDb build. Hence the advice to stop accepting production OTA updates if you want FSDb.

Not actively. the owner has to request it. And it's very much possible that most people who purchased FSD don't follow Elon's every tweet to know that FSDb is now available without the need to jump through safety score hoops.

And it's been demonstrated for a while now (most of 2022) that if you're on a production build ahead of the FSDb build, you aren't getting pushed the FSDb build. Hence the advice to stop accepting production OTA updates if you want FSDb.
And on top of all that, he didn't ever say when you would get it. It's pretty clear at this point that 10.69.3.1 is going to lots of people who didn't have FSD Beta before. You can see constant updates on TeslaFi from non-FSD Beta versions to 10.69.3.1.

But I have not yet seen a single person claim to have pressed the button to ask for the FSD Beta since Elon tweeted, who then got FSD Beta without having to jump through any hoops. And I certainly haven't seen a single non-Tesla person say that they had gotten V11 FSD Beta.

But I have not yet seen a single person claim to have pressed the button to ask for the FSD Beta since Elon tweeted, who then got FSD Beta without having to jump through any hoops. And I certainly haven't seen a single non-Tesla person say that they had gotten V11 FSD Beta.
I haven't seen anyone who has tried that who isn't already on software 2022.40, which would keep that from happening. I think if you requested FSD beta (even if you never got it) before, you wouldn't have gotten 2022.40 downloaded. But now, everyone else has already gotten 2022.40. You have to be in a position to accept software 2022.36.20 or you'll have to wait.

Last edited:
Our Model Y 2020 LR did receive it Thursday. We have a crummy safety score (thanks to our driveway and the heavy sudden start and go traffic in this area), but got it anyway, my Model S has to wait for version 11.

It is interesting, but I don’t yet have confidence to not take over the wheel every couple of minutes.
As long as I think of FSD Beta as a driver ASSISTANCE system, I'm very glad I purchased it.

I loved cruise control before adaptive cruise control was available, though I was always having to fiddle with the speed. Now, after a week of usage, I like "FSD" Beta, though I'm repeatedly disengaging it whenever I encounter:
  • Construction Crew
  • Vehicle stopped blocking a lane
  • Oncoming vehicle on road with no lines
  • Some unprotected lefts at non-right angle turns
  • Turn followed by immediate lane change where a human would turn wide
  • Narrow twisty roads
  • Driveways and Parking Lots
  • Whenever tentative FSD Beta behavior would inconvenience other drivers
  • Whenever I am in a rush somewhere plain Auto Pilot would not handle well.
Some of my disengagements are safety oriented, but most are cases where I don't want to inconvenience others, or don't want to wait myself.

I'm also learning to "help" FSD Beta with occasional presses on the GO pedal, and occasional use of the turn signal, without actually disengaging.

However, it is definitely NOT a driver REPLACEMENT system right now. It has a long long way to go before becoming a viable Robo-Taxi. Slightly off mapping data means it cannot even find my driveway unless I accept a neighbor's address as my Home. FSD Beta also disengages itself tying to go down my driveway.

However, anywhere I would have used Auto Pilot before, FSD Beta is definitely nicer.

As long as I think of FSD Beta as a driver ASSISTANCE system, I'm very glad I purchased it.

I loved cruise control before adaptive cruise control was available, though I was always having to fiddle with the speed. Now, after a week of usage, I like "FSD" Beta, though I'm repeatedly disengaging it whenever I encounter:
  • Construction Crew
  • Narrow twisty roads
Some of my disengagements are safety oriented, but most are cases where I don't want to inconvenience others, or don't want to wait myself.

I'm also learning to "help" FSD Beta with occasional presses on the GO pedal, and occasional use of the turn signal, without actually disengaging.

However, it is definitely NOT a driver REPLACEMENT system right now. It has a long long way to go before becoming a viable Robo-Taxi. Slightly off mapping data means it cannot even find my driveway unless I accept a neighbor's address as my Home. FSD Beta also disengages itself tying to go down my driveway.

However, anywhere I would have used Auto Pilot before, FSD Beta is definitely nicer.
I thought, when I first bought it, that it would drive itself (L4), but that quickly changed when I got into FSD Beta. Now I think it's a great L2 system. It works well for me, and I can see improvements with every update. I'm with you, very glad I bought it.

To your points above:
  • Construction Crew
    • Basic cone zones work well - but when there is heavy construction with lane shifting, I disengage and manually drive it.
    • With Standard and Assertive, my car will just move out of the lane behind the stopped car
    • I don't have any city streets near me that are unmarked except for residential streets. On those mine works fine and just moves out of the way a little bit.
    • Haven't tested yet as my area is mostly right angles.
    • I thought about it, and most DMV rules are supposed to have you turn into the nearest lane (left turn into left lane, right turn into right lane). There are definitely exceptions, but the general rule of thumb is that. That said, I understand it now and it works well and is pretty agressive about changing lanes right after the turn.
  • Narrow twisty roads
    • I've taken it recently to a mountain resort, and I noticed it works well if I wheel down the speed limit to something under the posted limit.
    • Well mapped parking lots (like big malls and strip malls) seem to work well for me, but smaller lots don't work well.
    • I've experienced this from time to time, but I have stickers on the back of my car telling people to back off, so screw em. :)
    • Definitely, yes. I use FSD Beta when I'm heading somewhere with a relaxed timetable. If I'm late and need to drive aggressively, I do so manually.

I thought, when I first bought it, that it would drive itself (L4), but that quickly changed when I got into FSD Beta. Now I think it's a great L2 system. It works well for me, and I can see improvements with every update. I'm with you, very glad I bought it.

To your points above:
  • Construction Crew
    • Basic cone zones work well - but when there is heavy construction with lane shifting, I disengage and manually drive it.
    • With Standard and Assertive, my car will just move out of the lane behind the stopped car
    • I don't have any city streets near me that are unmarked except for residential streets. On those mine works fine and just moves out of the way a little bit.
    • I thought about it, and most DMV rules are supposed to have you turn into the nearest lane (left turn into left lane, right turn into right lane). There are definitely exceptions, but the general rule of thumb is that. That said, I understand it now and it works well and is pretty agressive about changing lanes right after the turn.
  • Narrow twisty roads
    • I've taken it recently to a mountain resort, and I noticed it works well if I wheel down the speed limit to something under the posted limit.
    • Well mapped parking lots (like big malls and strip malls) seem to work well for me, but smaller lots don't work well.
    • I've experienced this from time to time, but I have stickers on the back of my car telling people to back off, so screw em. :)
    • Definitely, yes. I use FSD Beta when I'm heading somewhere with a relaxed timetable. If I'm late and need to drive aggressively, I do so manually.
I still NEVER use it in a school zone during pickup and drop off hours when the cross walk monitors will suddenly wave their flag (I’ve never seen this interpreted by FSDb as a ‘construction’ or warning indicator and seen the car NOT respond to a flashing yellow on the side of the road)) and the kiddies will often weave suddenly into the vehicle lane from a bike lane at random. I don’t trust the car for this in the slightest.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I still NEVER use it in a school zone during pickup and drop off hours when the cross walk monitors will suddenly wave their flag (I’ve never seen this interpreted by FSDb as a ‘construction’ or warning indicator and seen the car NOT respond to a flashing yellow on the side of the road)) and the kiddies will often weave suddenly into the vehicle lane from a bike lane at random. I don’t trust the car for this in the slightest.
That's a great example of places where you should not use FSD Beta. When in that situation, disable it, drive past it manually and re-engage it afterwards. As it improves and starts reading signs (like School Zones) and processing hand signals from people like police directing traffic or crossing guards, then you carefully retest the area and see how it responds.

Reactions: jeewee3000
  • Construction Crew
Poor phrasing on my part. I'm usually not encountering road construction at this time of year. In my vast 8 days of experience with FSD Beta, I'm usually encountering utility trucks parked partially on the road. I just disengage out of caution.
The first time was a delivery van blocking the other direction's lane. Thanks to a wide parking/breakdown lane on my side by using the breakdown lane I didn't need to slow down, and the other direction didn't need to slow down. I feared FSD Beta would stay in its lane and inconvenience lots of drivers coming from the other direction.
The second time was an idiot who failed to get into a left turn lane that had a red light, and instead blocked the left of two straight lanes that had green lights. I changed lanes to avoid the idiot without waiting to see what FSD Beta wanted to do.
I think I am currently on Chill @Dewg. Your comment is the first reason I've had to consider Standard instead.
On the street where I live, if there are no cars FSD Beta drives with the driver side wheels across the non-existent center line. When it detects an oncoming vehicle it moves right but also drops speed dramatically. If I take over I can normally easily maintain speed.

Ironically, I also disengage FSD Beta when going over one section of my street where they patched the edge of the street in a very bumpy manner. For that short section I stay on the smooth pavement even though I am farther across the non-existent center line. I think FSD Beta slowed down, I'm not sure, but it definitely drove over the bumps the one time I let it navigate that section.
It seems to have some difficulties seeing potential cross traffic, and when it goes the turn is very jerky. It whacked my hand with the steering wheel the first day I had FSD Beta!
The case I was thinking of is a protected right with an immediate left. I was afraid it would not manage to get over in time. The blue line on the screen was ignoring the upcoming turn when I forced the lane changes. Sometime when I am not rushed I'll let it decide how to handle it. I had actually just disengaged then reenabled at the previous light when FSD tried to use the left of two lanes where either lane can turn left, which would have made immediately getting into the right lane for the next light difficult.
  • Narrow twisty roads
Near my home is one short very twisty section with a steep only partially protected drop off that I can easily drive at or above the 30 mph speed limit, but FSD Beta drives in a very student driver manner at around 20 mph with very jerky steering. I don't like to wait, and it is a fun section to drive.
I've thought about getting some form of AI Student Driver sticker. However, I've never been one to put any non-required stickers on my car.
AMEN @tivoboy

Reactions: Dewg
Hi,
Saw this sticker on back of a Tesla Model 3 in Abu Dhabi recently!
8A613339-71F2-4F5E-BB06-9EA6062C7C59.jpeg

Cheers
Steve

Hi,
We are allowed up to 50% tint in the UAE - so this is what we have put on our M3P,
We selected a high quality tint with high heat rejection - to save battery power for AC on hot summer days!
View attachment 879974
Cheers
Steve
Well it looks great.. from the first pic I guess the angle made it look NEARLY opaque.. AZ of FL opaque. I need to get mine done but after 4 years now it’s clearly not a priority.

Had my first real opportunity to use it on a decent distance drive from the South Bay to the Ahmanson Theater, and then to the El Chato Taco Truck, and then back to the South Bay yesterday, and the Beta did a nearly flawless job and NoAP was great as well. A couple of disengagements, but those were my mistake and weren’t necessary in hindsight. I could have fallen asleep with my hand on the wheel and the car would have made it on its own.

Caveat is that I have had shorter drives around my area where I have had to intervene, so it isn’t close to perfect yet. But still impressive to have about 60+ miles of flawless driving with a decent amount of traffic.

Reactions: dflowerz and SO16