Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD - and "Traffic Aware Cruise Control"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks!

I have been on the FSD Beta for a while now, and with this new update, I have noticed that I can't really do the "traffic aware cruise control" anymore effectively.

Many times I just double tap my stalk to stay in a lane, at a specific speed. It slows and speeds up on its own, and steers... its great for freeway drives.

Now - with the latest software update, FSD tries to move out of its current lane to move to a "faster" lane. I have set the option to do "less" lane changes, but this issues has forced me to drop out of FSD now - because I liked the old behaviour of just staying in the one lane.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Matt

On the Autopilot page is a switch to prevent lane changes FOR THE CURRENT TRIP. So just flip that switch before each trip and you'll be good.
Close but not technically accurate. It is "Minimal lane changes for the CURRENT DRIVE." So it is even worse than if it were for the current trip. My trip is usually down to San Diego 600 miles away, so I have to reset it at the end of every supercharge. Yes, annoying.

Reactions: KArnold