Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread should be merged with the other one that has the right version 36-8-8.

Curious, does your Autopilot settings screen show 1 strike? Both our 3 and Y show "three" on the release notes, but maybe it depends on the vehicle configuration?
It is three forced disengagements, where the car will not resume autopilot until your next drive. The little silent warnings to apply pressure to the steering wheel don't matter unless you ignore them and autopilot disengages. I don't have the interior camera so there may be some differences there. Previously Tesla had stated you got two and on the third you were out. The rule is the same just stated differently.

Reactions: K5TRX and Phlier
This thread should be merged with the other one that has the right version 36-8-8.

I "Reported" your post, asking them to implement your suggestion.

Too many threads for an old guy like me to keep track of!

Wow! 10.5 should have been the mass release version. Still needs work, but so much better than previous builds. I am more comfortable in testing FSD now and let it drive on its own longer than before. However, it still has some trouble in unmarked roads out of my hood where it turns into on coming traffic, but it doesn't cut in as deep anymore.

I can't wait until the next build. I'm excited for FSD again.

Reactions: K5TRX
You are in AP. You have to enable FSD beta again - and consent to new terms.
Not necessarily the issue. On my 3rd drive today I had the same issue from when I got in the car until I parked to get coffee ~3 miles away. It was bizarre, AP and TACC were fine, but FSD was "unavailable". No major issues after that, but most of my driving was NOA tonight anyway (logged about 100 miles).

Just throwing my opinion in here: i just got 10.5 today and i swear to god i’ll be starring straight forward at the road and i’ll still get a “pay attention to the road” warning. It’s infuriating. It’s doing a terrible job tracking my eyes. it happened so many times i got 1 out of 3 strikes for auto pilot disengagement and now i’m worried i’ll be taken out of beta cause they don’t realize my eyes are glued to the road the whole time. this version is way way worse than 10.4.

Not necessarily the issue. On my 3rd drive today I had the same issue from when I got in the car until I parked to get coffee ~3 miles away. It was bizarre, AP and TACC were fine, but FSD was "unavailable". No major issues after that, but most of my driving was NOA tonight anyway (logged about 100 miles).
Could be ... but he says "i am unable to turn on FSD at all after upgrading."

Worked really hard to get my safety score to 98 to get in the program and then today all my safety history disappeared! Then of course on a 300 mile trip some idiot cuts me off and I'm at 97 for hard breaking and close following. It seems to me that you can not merge onto a busy California freeway without getting nailed for close following so I assume all of you with 100s just drive in circles in an empty parking lot or something lol.

How does the invite work? Does it begin with an email and is it somewhat random when they pull the safety scores?

Tim

Worked really hard to get my safety score to 98 to get in the program and then today all my safety history disappeared! Then of course on a 300 mile trip some idiot cuts me off and I'm at 97 for hard breaking and close following. It seems to me that you can not merge onto a busy California freeway without getting nailed for close following so I assume all of you with 100s just drive in circles in an empty parking lot or something lol.

How does the invite work? Does it begin with an email and is it somewhat random when they pull the safety scores?

Tim
I live in West Hollywood and I’m not ashamed to admit I reset my score and drove 100 miles on the freeway on autopilot at 2am one night so I could get a 100 score. It doesn’t account for how aggressive drivers are in LA and the constant 2 lane city streets that are actually 1 because of how many parked cars are blocking the right lane

It doesn't need FSD or noise canceling. It’s just nice stuff to have. I don’t find air suspension to be a must have .
Says a former BMW owner! If you're lucky, you'll get there soon enough and be amazed at loving a ride that doesn't make you glad to get out. I'm never happy getting out of my friend's X as the combo of excellent ergonomically designed seats and finely tuned air suspension makes me slightly envious.

Reactions: K5TRX

Yes. Please merge the threads. Or close this one. I created this thread.

Just throwing my opinion in here: i just got 10.5 today and i swear to god i’ll be starring straight forward at the road and i’ll still get a “pay attention to the road” warning. It’s infuriating. It’s doing a terrible job tracking my eyes. it happened so many times i got 1 out of 3 strikes for auto pilot disengagement and now i’m worried i’ll be taken out of beta cause they don’t realize my eyes are glued to the road the whole time. this version is way way worse than 10.4.
FSD is also checking for you gently turning the stearing wheel. Older Model S and X don't have cameras. The hacker Green showed that cameras alone were not accurate enough.